Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Seymour Duncan Saturday night pickups

Greentail

Question

7 answers to this question

If your looking for that old school DiMarzio / Hamer tone, I think our own Josh Gravelin nails it in spades, http://www.gravelinpickups.com/

That 70's sound, stock sound, refering to Gibson T-tops? Short A-5 magnets wrapped up in a 43ga wire, poly... I think.

Just buy a set of used Gibson 490R's swap the mag for a short A5, bam, T-top.

I saw those as well, and also the "whole lotta humbucker" model they are offering. Kinda good for those who have really wanted a "slightly" more rude '59 sound but didn't want to go all the way to a high output pickup.

On 18/11/2017 at 9:32 PM, tbonesullivan said:

I saw those as well, and also the "whole lotta humbucker" model they are offering. Kinda good for those who have really wanted a "slightly" more rude '59 sound but didn't want to go all the way to a high output pickup.

Good idea. Perhaps « Pearly gates » set ...

too much good choices.

Gravelin is good so. Handmade, too much for me, Deluxe pickups.

1 hour ago, Greentail said:

Good idea. Perhaps « Pearly gates » set ...

too much good choices.

Gravelin is good so. Handmade, too much for me, Deluxe pickups.

You contact Josh and you will be surprised and that is all i'm going to say. 

I have a set of those in my 1982 Special that was Refinished by Stike at Rowyco. Re-fretted,  Crowned and Bound by Murkat. They are superb pups for that 70's mid-crunchy arena rock tone. Think of 38 Special growl/rasp meets UFO Schenker tones that are still open and retain clarity and you pretty much have it. 

Archived