Hamer Fan Club Message Center

HEL Custom Order

diablo175

Some of you likely remember me posting at the onset of this order back in February. At some point, I accidentally perma-deleted the thread and have held off on posting revised one.  Until now. I am roughly a month (or less) away from delivery so, I felt it was a good time to post some progress pics. The rundown: this was inspired by Hamer's Standard but with a few Diablo-eque twists: one piece mahogany body with set 'hog neck and ebony board. 24 jumbo frets, 25.5" scale, SD TB Pegasus/Jazz custom set, toggle switch (duh) Orig. Floyd Rose (double duh) 1 Vol, 1 tone and a secret kill-switch cleverly disguised as a 3d Vol. knob. And of course, reversed head stock (triple duh) The inlay is the Willie G. Skull and is my homage to HD bikes.

Now the pics, there's a LOT of them:

HEL 4 Digit Interceptor Mortice.jpg

IMG_2373.jpg

HEL Head Trace.jpg

HEL Head stock block.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! Very impressive and definitely unique. Looks like Santa's gonna be bringing you something wicked.

At 25.5" scale and Standard/Explorer shape, that's gonna be one big box.

12 minutes ago, polara said:

...but not HEL's first!

20160710_144704.jpg

3 hours ago, diablo175 said:

Interceptor Cavities.jpg

I know where Shane got those routing templates from...!

12512610_1014571698606090_59893300902645

That guitar is going to slay!

8 hours ago, polara said:

Wow! Very impressive and definitely unique. Looks like Santa's gonna be bringing you something wicked.

Shane did say he was struggling to find a case that would fit it. The long scale and reversed headstock are making it a snug, if not impossible fit in most commercially available cases. :P

Just now, black magic said:

I can`t wait to see the final product. Coming along great!!

The only steps remaining are paint/clear and assembly. I hope to have news of this soon!  As with my Cali custom, I will be going to pick this up in person. No freakin' way I'm letting the simians of UPS or Fed Ex get their mitts on this... :lol:

5 minutes ago, diablo175 said:

No freakin' way I'm letting the simians of UPS or Fed Ex get their mitts on this... :lol:

I did the same thing.
Picked up the above black Standard on the way home from Columbus.
It was well worth the detour.

2 hours ago, velorush said:

Will you be parting with any of the 99 extra switch tips?  

Would make for a fun non-sequitur on most any guitar!  :)

Actually, Shane bought the lot of them and will parcel them out and sell 'em on Reverb and/or Ebay...

3 hours ago, black magic said:

Very smart picking it up yourself. What frets did you get? I really love the Stainless 6100 jumbo frets by Jascar. Carvin doesn`t do the 6000`s or I would have gotten those. 6000`s are what are on Jackson Soloists.

Oddly enough, I didn't opt for the stainless jumbos. I went with the nickel steel 6100's. Not sure who made 'em. Shane vouched for them, that was good enough for me.

Archived