Hamer Fan Club Message Center

HEL Custom Order

diablo175

3 hours ago, diablo175 said:

As with my Cali custom, I will be going to pick this up in person. No freakin' way I'm letting the simians of UPS or Fed Ex get their mitts on this... :lol:

Good thing it's too big for USPS as well.  'Tis the season for delivery services behaving badly!  BTW, the first 36 seconds or so of this video is all you need to see, but it doesn't look like labeling a package as 'cremated remains' would help, either:  ;) :lol:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh so close... It gets polyester clear on Friday and polished out on Tuesday. We're looking at possible delivery by Dec. 7th... a date that will live in infamy.

IMG_4983.JPG

1 hour ago, diablo175 said:

Oh so close... It gets polyester clear on Friday and polished out on Tuesday. We're looking at possible delivery by Dec. 7th... a date that will live in infamy.

IMG_4983.JPG

You know some Green Polka Dots would go real nice on that one. ;) 

Just now, bubs_42 said:

You know some Green Polka Dots would go real nice on that one. ;) 

Nah- got that out of my system. But green binding? Yeah, I can dig that:

image.png

4 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

This may be the closes thing to "Classy" as we've ever seen you do! Looks great, I hope you LOVE IT. 

I said as much to Shane-  it looks ominous with a touch of classy.

3 minutes ago, scottcald said:

You mean like if the Joker was wearing a Tux? :lol:

Are you doing a great poker chip around the switch?

Exactly. And yes, a GREEN poker chip.

47 minutes ago, scottcald said:

Cool, that'll be a nice add on all that black.   Looking forward to the finished product.

The green pups will also help break up all that black.

• 1 month later...

Inching ever closer... Up to 2000 grit sanding. Can't be very long before I get the GREATLY anticipated text message saying, "come pick up your guitar." :D

HEL 2000 grit.jpg

4 minutes ago, diablo175 said:

Inching ever closer... Up to 2000 grit sanding. Can't be very long before I get the GREATLY anticipated text message saying, "come pick up your guitar." :D

HEL 2000 grit.jpg

Too bad you couldn't get a Floyd or at least some pieces on it in that green.  

17 minutes ago, scottcald said:

Too bad you couldn't get a Floyd or at least some pieces on it in that green.  

Believe me, if I could've, I would've:lol:

59 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

It might be possible to do a powder coat finish on a Floyd base plate and arm.  Maybe even more parts could be colored. 

I'm wondering how the powder coat would feel? Maybe leave the arm black and settle for the base being green?

There have been some instruments made with a combination of white and gold on the hardware.  The gold is plated.  What is the white?  Is it powder coat or possibly anodized? 

A friend learned to do powder coat on parts for his drag car.  He sprayed the parts then baked them in his oven. 

Someone who is good at mixing automotive paint could match the green color, and you could either get a sprayer or have someone spray for you.  The temperature to melt the glass in the powder coat should not be high enough to change the hardness and strength of the metal. 

You need to either strip off the plating on an existing Floyd or find out if you can order one that is not plated.  A local plating shop could possibly help with prepping the metal parts. 

Hamer did the White powder coating on the White/Gold parts in the mid-1980s.  It really doesn't feel all that different - it's very smooth.

37 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

Hamer did the White powder coating on the White/Gold parts in the mid-1980s.  It really doesn't feel all that different - it's very smooth.

I have exactly that on my FB.  Smooth as you like and looks awesome.

Archived