Hamer Fan Club Message Center

#0066 - An illustrated journal...

cmatthes

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, The Shark said:

I like how Chris kept everything a secret for much longer than we all knew.  When the progress pics started to show up, the damn thing was nearly done!  Bravo, sir.

you make that sound like that's a good thing . B)

18 hours ago, hamerhead said:

SBDarkHelmet.gif

Hamerhead, 

That's great - Perfect for the question and statement "Got Wood?!"

Man, if that's not your favorite and the flagship of your collection, send it to me so it can be the favorite and flagship of mine.

Wow, simply wow!

14 hours ago, The Shark said:

You can be sure I'll pony up everything as soon as it gets to me, if that's any consolation!

15 hours ago, The Shark said:

I like how Chris kept everything a secret for much longer than we all knew.  When the progress pics started to show up, the damn thing was nearly done!  Bravo, sir.

I believe it was fully done before pics were shown, but I have no direct knowledge

ArnieZ

2 hours ago, ArnieZ said:

I believe it was fully done before pics were shown, but I have no direct knowledge

ArnieZ

Not quite - I first saw it last Friday night!

Something about the looks of the three Gretsch-O-Trons threw me off at first.

(Just an unfamiliar look to me, apart from having seen the sparkly gretschified Daytona in pictures).

Now I see how balanced the guitar looks.

On 12/6/2017 at 7:52 PM, atomicwash said:

Thanks for sharing all the progress photos. Super cool!

Yep.

What a great way to celebrate a birthday.

Enjoy the heck out of it.

Cheers,

Tobias

8 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Not quite - I first saw it last Friday night!

I've really enjoyed the unveiling, Chris.  The only observation I have is that you've not posted a pic of your first Shishkov and this one together.  I'm just sayin'.

19 hours ago, The Shark said:

I've really enjoyed the unveiling, Chris.  The only observation I have is that you've not posted a pic of your first Shishkov and this one together.  I'm just sayin'.

This. We want to see them together, Chris. We really do.

I'll see what I can do!  Taking it to a recording session tomorrow afternoon...

52 minutes ago, Northfield said:

it was a blast having you stop by Chris! I spend so much time on these builds that it’s absolutely fantastic when I get the chance to hand one off in person.    :D  

The amount of blood, sweat and tears that goes into these is obvious to anybody once they play 'em!  It's always a great time hanging out - looking forward to catching up again soon!

I love the journey.   I won't deny that back in the day, the NGDs were some of my favorite posts - twas many a good day indeed.  But this is taking it all to a new level. 

Seeing those pics from blanks to finished product just makes me smile.  I won't lie - I've revisited this thread a bunch of times.  And it's not even my guitar!  Every time I look, I see something different - just now I noticed how the curves on the "left" side of the headstock are an echo of the curves on the "left" side of the guitar body.   It's just too cool.  We're lucky.   Thanks to Mike and Chris and the rest of you who are sharing your Shishkov journeys.   

3 hours ago, BubbaVO said:

I love the journey.   I won't deny that back in the day, the NGDs were some of my favorite posts - twas many a good day indeed.  But this is taking it all to a new level. 

Seeing those pics from blanks to finished product just makes me smile.  I won't lie - I've revisited this thread a bunch of times.  And it's not even my guitar!  Every time I look, I see something different - just now I noticed how the curves on the "left" side of the headstock are an echo of the curves on the "left" side of the guitar body.   It's just too cool.  We're lucky.   Thanks to Mike and Chris and the rest of you who are sharing your Shishkov journeys.   

Well said.  I was actually really noticing that when I was playing it last night.  Mike really does a beautiful job of tying all of the curves, angles and lines together in his designs - some of it is so subtle, that you don't see it at first, but when you do, it's one of those, "BAM!!  HE MEANT TO DO THAT!!" moments.

• 3 weeks later...

I hang my head having not read this whole thread until now. What a build! I have admired this guitar since first seeing it on FB but had not seen this and now I know the rest of the story as someone once said. :) WOW! B)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived