Hamer Fan Club Message Center

What did I buy?

wrtx

Question

Hello fellow Hamer fans.

Kind of an accidental guitar purchase as I bid not expecting to win, won and here I am.

Happy with the guitar, plays well enough and sounds great actually. However, no idea what type of Hamer it is - no serial #'s and it has an aftermarket paint job (described as off-white, really is a pale yellow that exactly matches the "white pickup" - so looks good imho) tuners  (willkinsons) and pickups (Kramers). Any and all help is appreciated - and again I blame Rick Neilsen for my Hamer jones - this is my 3rd.  

IMG_0383.JPG

IMG_0382.JPG

IMG_0381.JPG

IMG_0379.JPG

IMG_0378.JPG

6 answers to this question

It’s definitely an import, no “USA” next to the logo on the headstock.

The serial number would have been printed on the back of the headstock along with the country of origin, but is gone with the refinish.

Probably from Indonesia or China.

But it looks like someone has already upgraded the tuners and pickups, so you may have a pretty solid setup.

Hope you’re digging it, and welcome to the HFC!

:)

I hope you got a good price. Deffo an import...

The 12th fret inlays are wide apart like a Gibson.  The USA models had the dots closer together. 

It is possible this one was built in Korea, China, or Indonesia.  It is really too soon for the newer Indonesian Hamers to start showing up with refins and parts changes.

Is it this one? Looks like you did all right, especially with the pickup and tuner upgrades, plus a good body/pickup match on the refin.

Archived