Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Pics of studios and studio customs/arch tops

Ua D

3 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

I would have trusted said member to ship or pay as promised.

Sure, but perhaps with some extra turtle or sex wax buffed in with a light grit sandpaper, followed by a quick rinse in the shower.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, currypowder said:

Acquired this 2003 Studio Custom from a board member earlier this year. I'd say it's pretty close to what I would custom order given the chance, quilt top, bright aztec gold, ebony fretboard, crown inlays and neck/headstock binding. The pickups aren't original and I have no idea what they are, there are no markings on them. They sound fine, but I have a set of Gravelin double creams that I'll drop in eventually.

y4mLs73tJHZcIaztbdYUhKUGCP_qCBNw1_cUsE9R

y4mebN43zkdM2cMhhI5AYXFeogO6rqrk0DlluGbi

I'm pretty sure that this is THE PERFECT Studio Custom.  Wow.

1 hour ago, Steve Haynie said:

I would have trusted said member to ship or pay as promised.

For the vast majority of HFC members, that's a given. But for the ex-member in question, absolutely not. I'm not saying everything he sold was tainted in some way, I just wouldn't trust him to own up to an undisclosed issue. He showed his true colors on his last FS post that got him banned.

23 minutes ago, currypowder said:

For the vast majority of HFC members, that's a given. But for the ex-member in question, absolutely not. I'm not saying everything he sold was tainted in some way, I just wouldn't trust him to own up to an undisclosed issue. He showed his true colors on his last FS post that got him banned.

Though I’m certain I know which former member, my first thought was “How did I miss all this drama?”

Then I remembered the classic line, “I wouldn’t say I’ve been missing it, Bob.” I feel better now.

9 hours ago, currypowder said:

Yup.

On 12/6/2017 at 11:34 PM, Guitarsforever said:

Here is mine . Not sure what the model is called -can someone help ?- it's a 2003 , and does not have a bound headstock.  - Studio , Studio Custom , Archtop ? Might be the richest / loudest guitar I have , plugged  strait in.

DSC_0519-001.JPG

Cool.  That's all it needs to be called.  

On 12/6/2017 at 10:34 PM, Guitarsforever said:

Here is mine . Not sure what the model is called -can someone help ?- it's a 2003 , and does not have a bound headstock.  - Studio , Studio Custom , Archtop ? Might be the richest / loudest guitar I have , plugged  strait in.

DSC_0519-001.JPG

Studio Custom.

If it's bound and crowned, it's a Studio Custom. If not, it's a Studio.

Archived