Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Best retro-fit electric pickup for my buddy's Collings?

The Shark

Question

My band mate and buddy has a killer concert size Collings and the pickup sucks.  It feeds back and sounds nothing like the instrument it's amplifying.  Can anyone tell me the best system available.  And price is no object.  Thanks.

5 answers to this question

+20 on the recent generation of LR Baggs retrofit systems because that's about how many Anthems and Lyrics I've installed in a variety of mid- to upper-tier acoustics this year. While the Lyric is very good and quite sufficient, I prefer the Anthem as well. It simply sounds more rich, nicely full and robust. I've installed and troubleshot/fixed a variety of on-board acoustic systems this year and if I was upgrading my own go-to (self-restored and slightly modified '74 Gibson Hummingbird), it would get an Anthem, without question or hesitation.

My friends on the Hamer Forum came through again!  The Anthem sounds incredible and my buddy couldn't be more impressed.  I set up a simple clean preset with reverb on his Line 6 Firehawk and it's perfect.  Thank you, gentlemen.

Archived