Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Question for TECH 21 FLY RIG USERS.

bubs_42

You can.  My son has a Bass FlyRig on his gig pedalboard, and on rare occasions (after 2am, sometimes, but not always) uses the phone jack.

1 hour ago, sixesandsevens said:

While I'm sure that hearing your son play bass at 2am gets old, I would _love_ to know that hell in my lifetime.  :)

I'm just glad that I sold the Gretsch kit to his drummer, so it has to stay at HIS parent's studio!  Even three levels up, the bass carries - more so than guitar, keys or vocals.  They really do try to keep things down, but as much as I enjoy it, I'm not sure the neighbors share our passion!

• 2 weeks later...

Any time I can minimizing toting, I'm in.

The flyrig 5 is awesome. I’ve used it a ton live, both as a front end and as a direct device.

The only thing that was ever a hassle for me is the power supply. It ships with a cheap Chinese supply that will eventually fail. It won’t use batteries and takes a 12v power supply (not 9v like Boss etc), so you’ll need a spare. But, you can easily get spares on Amazon or whatever.

Best of Luck :)

I have a RK-5 I use regularly. I play it live going direct to the PA and at home I either use it going into the return jack of my Mesa or I use it with headphones. Sounds pretty darn good no matter how I use it, though I prefer the Mesa over it by quite a bit. As far as the power supply, I use a Neunaber  12 volt  power supply that can power 5 or 6 pedals (it's a daisy chain). I have powered the RK5, a Neunaber Wet Reverb Mono, a Neunaber Echelon Echo, a Boss SD-1 and Korg Pitchblack with no problems. I stopped powering the Boss and the Korg with it because both Boss and Korg said not to run those pedals at 12 volts. I can't however, find that power supply on Nuenaber's website anymore though.

Archived