Hamer Fan Club Message Center
Sign in to follow this  
RichF

NGD - Artist

NGD was actually the day before Thanksgiving, but I just got around to being able to take some decent pics.

96 Artist wraptail. Great condition for a 20+ year old guitar. A couple small dents and some fret wear.

Came with a TonePros intonatable wraptail installed plus the stock bridge. I swapped that out for a TonePros plain wraptail. Cleaner look and a smoother feel.

Appropriately pictured next to my Valvetech since I got it from valvetechamps

Artist3.jpg

Artist2.jpg

• Like 9

Schwiiiing!!!! A wraptail Artist is on my bucket list. 2nd coolest double cut Hamer model, after the original sustainblock Sunburst. 

• Like 2

Deadly combination there for sure. Nabbing another Valvetech is on my Shortlist. 

• Like 2

Valvetechs are the shizznits as are the Artist.

• Like 1

Congrats on the new Artist, fantastic guitars!!! Hope you have many happy years with it...

• Like 1

That sound combination is great... they go together like bacon and eggs, like Salt 'n' Pepa!

• Like 1

Flames are like fingerprints.  That looks like my first Artist.  That dark stripe below the neck pup, the stripes thru the VOL knobs, and checkerboard stripes on the lower horn were the telltale signs for me.  If that's my old Blondie  I bought it new in '97 from a dealer in Downers Grove, IL.  Can't remember the name but the store folded up shortly after I got "Going out of Biz" pricing on that brand spankin' new '96 Artist same Wilky single slider wraptail. And a brand spankin' new stunningly gorgeous '96 Koa top Mirage II.  Obviously this buyer had more money than talent.  Other than strings they went into my basement the same way they came in.  Thrown down the stairs into the basement. :oBazinga!:lol:.  Made ja look.

The Wilky never needed any adjustment.  Blondie was a fine axe.  I can still feel her breath from her f-hole on my forearm.  (sounds slightly erotic, eh?)  At the time I was cornered into a 1-in-1-out agreement.  I don't remember exactly who bought it, maybe Jim Somebody in Newport, VA. Maybe?  Picked up a '95 Artist in '59 burst. But It had big shoes to fill and I never quite bonded with it.  ! tried tramping her up, the hardware went gold, the plastic went black.  It looked cool, very slutty.  Then Sweet Jane (aka Indiguotone, Custom order Duotone) came into my life and the '59 burp Slut Artist left town. Don't remember who bought it.  It might have been delivered to the 2nd owner another HFCr, at a 4-3-2-1 party??  IIRC he was a MN or WI guy, maybe?  or maybe it was the other way around.  The Slut went to a Jim in VA and Blondie went to the Frozen Tundra?  I don't know.  I don't recall. I do recall that the transactions remained in the HFC Family of GASrs.  The receipt was in the case compartment of one of them.  The Mirage II went to an HFCer who lives juuust inside Santa Land, the Arctic circle, what was the name of that town and the HFCr? Again, yer Honor, I am xercizin' my fid amement right.

Back on topic, that darker flame stripe in that spot for me was the moment when the ding, ding, ding went off.  Pretty tough to duplicate the stripes unless it was the next slice out of the same flame maple log, and even THAT is not an absolute shared birthmark. 

Regardless Artists in general are great guitars.  Don't let the Wilky bigots get to ya.  You'll end up spending a few $$$ on a pigtails or TonePros or whatever you think will make your Artist sound  better.  Give the wilky a chance. The Wilky Worky  just fine for me.  Go ahead.  Just try to say Wilky Worky 3 times fast.  Cheers!

caddie

btw - What!!!  Just heard the Walmart Christmas ad campaign, "I'll Take You There".  Pops Staples must be rolling over in his grave. and  if  his family the Staple Singers still own the rights they are rolling around in Christmas dough for "I'll Take You There" from the Wallyworld Christmas ad campaign. Oh the horror, the horror....but oh the CAYSH, the CAYSH, $$$$$$ 

Edited by Caddie