Hamer Fan Club Message Center

GC CS Sucks

diablo175

Made a mistake trusting GC. Had a series of decent, no hassle deals and then this:  Snagged a Hercules 3 guitar rack (smaller version of my 7 guitar rack in the studio) that was supposedly "on sale" from Guitar Center online... only to find it was back ordered (a detail they don't share with you at the time of ordering) and wouldn't be in their warehouse until the 15th. Wanting it for our gig on the 16th, I spoke with CS and said, "No thanks, please cancel the order." "Okay. Sorry," was the gist of their response. I went back online and found another one, 10 bucks cheaper, on Amazon with free 2 day shipping, ordered it on Monday and had it by Weds. Groovy!

Then today, another guitar rack shows up on my doorstep. So much for cancelling my order. I check my paypal acct. and sure enough the
twats at GC didn't cancel the order. So, now I gotta run it out to the nearest store (45 minutes away) for a refund or... I can wait 3 days for a return shipping label, ship it back and then wait another 10- 12 days for them to process it and issue a refund.
Idiots. Or maybe I am, for expecting them to not screw up.

<Rant/>

30 minutes ago, sixesandsevens said:

Also: free candy.

And free price matching/beating!

39 minutes ago, RobB said:

Sweetwater. Never a burp of a problem from them, ever. If they fukkup, they will fix it. 

Well, normally I'd go with SW but they didn't have it on sale and couldn't seem to offer me a price match. Even so, I still found one cheaper than GC's "sale" price and had free 2 day shipping to boot. Would've been a sweet deal had GC not decided to fukk up and not cancel the order.

9 minutes ago, DaveL said:

GC.com really needs to start picking it up a notch, because they're being left in the

dust... 

I conveyed that sentiment to the second CS person I dealt with (today), stating, in essence, given GC's current perilous business & financial situation, it seems ill-considered to be making these kind of mistakes as they've now lost me as a repeat customer.  Fuq 'em.

1 hour ago, cmatthes said:

And free price matching/beating!

And free telemarketing calls!

13 hours ago, BadgerDave said:

And free telemarketing calls!

And spoiler calls. Mrs. HamerDave ordered her hapless hubby a new bag for his Pedaltrain board. Wanting to surprise him she went to the trouble of making sure it was sent to her mothers address so he wouldn’t even see it on the porch. All went according to plan until Sweetwater called HIM to make sure he was satisfied with his new bag. In fairness to the nice folks at Sweetwater, she did use the home phone on the order so......  For the record I expect to be very happy with my wife’s thoughtful gift. 😋🙃

I just love the way GC used site works, let's sort the brands by the number of used items they have in there stores not alphabetical. Currently if you were to look for all "Hamer" under Brands it sit's between Agile (34),  Hamer (34),  Zvex (34) and followed by Istanbul Apgo (34). :wacko:

There are two in Richmond, VA.  At one of them, you can't so much as glance in the direction of an item before a salesman is hounding you about it.  At the other, there are always 15-20 workers there and they all just stand in a pile helping no one.  Polar opposites just 20 miles apart, and both with an approach to customer "service" that sucks.

Archived