Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Vintage PERSONAL band publicity photos

^^^^Excellent image. Hazard Ware's take on that iconic photo is still a hoot, and back in the '90s they marketed a poster of it as well. In a brilliant marketing move, the company got Jim Leavelle (now 97 years old) to sign posters at the Dallas guitar show one year. I've got the poster on my office wall but the t-shirt I own has the "No You Can't Sit In" Vietnam image.

And talk about a witness to history X 2: Leavelle was also in the Navy and was at Pearl Harbor on the USS Whitney when the attack occurred.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1983.  I think this is only publicity shot I was ever in.  Lots of live photos, but just this one studio shot. 

hBEU4Jg.jpg

Hard to believe "Mr. Telecaster" once played Dean V.  Barb called it my "Kiss guitar".

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/13/2017 at 5:36 PM, Rich_S said:

1983.  I think this is only publicity shot I was ever in.  Lots of live photos, but just this one studio shot. 

hBEU4Jg.jpg

Hard to believe "Mr. Telecaster" once played Dean V.  Barb called it my "Kiss guitar".

Pretty cool that you were in a band with Joan Jett. 

4 hours ago, Camstone said:

Circa 1982. This band lasted about 6 months, just long enough to record an album. Never gigged. I'm in the middle with a long ago sold Les Paul Heritage 80.

Nickle Band.jpeg

I like the police lineup vibe going on there.  :lol:

On 12/13/2017 at 5:24 PM, Ed Rechts said:

Homeskillet had to square off against Dimebag AND Brent Woods in a battle of the bands, too!

Mad props to ya Brooksie

yeah, we lost, haha

On 12/12/2017 at 8:42 AM, tommy p said:

rolling stooges.jpg

OK, not really but a lot of my bands have certainly felt like this!

I actually have that pic pinned on my board at work! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Ok this should count as vintage.

This 8x10 is from a progressive rock band I was in in 1978 called Gardian (I'm on the far right). Lasted till 1980 when cocaine killed it.

And here's a pic from the same vintage with me and my first Hamer a 1978 Sunburst.

Gardian.jpeg

Hamer 1.jpeg

On 12/13/2017 at 2:36 PM, Rich_S said:

hBEU4Jg.jpg

I think I know this game.... it's called "spot the keyboard player" right?

On 1/30/2018 at 5:28 PM, Camstone said:

Ok this should count as vintage.

This 8x10 is from a progressive rock band I was in in 1978 called Gardian (I'm on the far right). Lasted till 1980 when cocaine killed it.

And here's a pic from the same vintage with me and my first Hamer a 1978 Sunburst.

Gardian.jpeg

No offense, but you appear to be "the guy in the wrong band".  Of course, the band looks like Manowar, Spinal Tap, Hawkwind, and Bruce Dickinson formed a supergroup so that's no insult to you.

Late 60s...

Blues System.jpg

Archived