Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PRS Artist V for Sale (SOLD)

Up for your consideration, a 2011 Artist V Series guitar. It is based upon the Custom 22, but has some significant upgrades. I am linking a site with an original posting of the nearly exact guitar, as it has a very nice description....And better pictures than I can manage this darker afternoon.

Re the Artist series guitars. They were produced in limited numbers in 4 series between roughly 1992 and 1996. They have become something of collectors items, essentially predating Private Stock models. Earlier, the other key limited editions were such as the "Dragons" and Rosewood LTDs. The series was extended 6 years ago with a run of 300 Vs.

At one time I owned both an Artist II and IV, the latter being particularly rare. I think the run ended early as few were then willing to pay over $7k for  a guitar, even if it DID have sold gold bird inlays. FWIW, I sold the prior ones for $3200 and $5500 years ago. IMO. the newest version is a better guitar, having several of the improvements that PRS made in the interim 15 years. I very much like the pickups, as they are very clear, but not at all weak. Pretty much in the same family as the 57/08 and 59/09 vein, but they have more sparkle. To me, sort of like the Ultimate Artist has. And a lot of "bling" like the Hamers with the "Ultimate" finish. Ebony board, nicely figured hog back, a bunch of abalone trim.

This one is "black gold" and in excellent, very near mint condition......Meaning I am struggling to find a single mark. And a "cut above" case. Weight is about 7lbs, 11. Asking $2,450, inc shipping (CONUS only). Please add PP if needed.

Why sell? STILL have too many. This one could stay as a top rank part of my arsenal. Light, versatile, a great combination of woods and other parts, But it falls between too many others. It is not going to edge out my number one Huber, even if it has a prettier face. And something has to give. I reckon a few more will appear soon.

https://wildwestguitars.com/electric/prs-paul-red-smith-artist-v-black-gold

Bear with me on pictures......My camera is not fully cooperating with the new PC......

38230280014_3120b16110_k.jpg

24081430567_4ef35a830d_k.jpg

25074481908_bf40c8be34_k.jpg

38910064442_a719959dbf_k.jpg

38230280874_8829d803ea_k.jpg

38909507832_f92d67f8b5_k.jpg

• 2 months later...

I am going to bump this. MAY have a buyer from the opposite coast that MAY be in this area sometime next week. Well, you know how that sort of thing goes......I am  not holding my breath.  But I thought it would not hurt to give folks here another shot at looking at it in the interim.

Archived