Hamer Fan Club Message Center

WTB Hamer Newport Pro (Custom)

4 hours ago, Will1965 said:

Why not?

1) I have no experience with CITES paperwork and no documentation on the guitar. If the guitar is seized, Paypal would refund your money because you never received it. That would leave me with no payment, no guitar, and no recourse.

2) International shipping is much more expensive, reducing my proceeds from the sale.

3) Longer shipping time means greater risk of damage. Again, all the buyer has to do is complain to Paypal to get a refund. In contrast, I would get the hassle of an international insurance claim and the additional expense of return shipping, all to reclaim a damaged guitar.

As I mentioned earlier, I apologize for posting in your thread. I did so before I noticed you are in the Netherlands.

If you're interested, I have a Newport Pro customized to look like a regular, non-Pro version. It's customized with all of the features one would find on the regular model, which is why it cost so much. Heck, it's such a convincing custom job that you could never even tell it's a Pro if it were't for the "Pro" price-tag. You see, it's the high price that proves it's a Pro model... Or at least that's what the guy in the alley told me when he sold it to me out of his trunk... 

We'll let him receive it, first.

Wow, that would be the 2nd Newport Pro-sale in Europe within 1 month (last entry in this thread). Those guitars rule.

@ Will: I still play/like your Monaco Monaco a lot. It's not that far from my new Newport Pro, as well.

Archived