Hamer Fan Club Message Center
Sign in to follow this  
bubs_42

FS: Modified James Burton Telecaster $575.

One fine Un-Telecaster. Started live as a James Burton Tele, Lave Red Finish (kinda swirley/blotchy). The neck is pretty much the same as the BAJA Telecaster, nice full handful of maple. The guitar was really clean when I got it but had been played in the Cowboy Chord area and the frets were worn down. I need a Tele to run with my Junior for live shows so I bought this one and reworked it to suit my needs. 

Frets were Dressed and Leveled

Cheap Tuners Replaced with Sperzels new shallow holes added for grip points and holes were reamed to fit new tuners. 

Bridge Replace with 3 saddle instead of 6 saddle

Added String Saver Saddles

Gutted and wired with CTS Pots, 3way. 

Pickups changed to Dimarzio Chopper T in the Bridge and a Cruiser in the Neck. Body was NOT Routed to fit strat size neck. It just fit. 

Ditched he White Guard and made the new guard. 

Still sounds great clean, great mids for dirty tones. Finish is in great shape, Neck is in great shape, I put a lot into and sometimes I just get a kick out of doing the projects. Specially when they come out this good. You get this guitar with a gig bag, no surprises from some strange seller off the internet. Plays like a million buck and I will add more photos tonight. $575. Shipped to your door. 

eWmNnhF.jpg

R0ze1vU.jpg

QwqAT2l.jpg

WsbTaAv.jpg

IKtrJF5.jpg

Xf9NYAL.jpg

mXpJna8.jpg

mZC36bk.jpg

sf6baM3.jpg

mOincwF.jpg

uzPX33r.jpg

Edited by bubs_42
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, velorush said:

Very tempting!

Tempting? Sounds like I need to up the ante. I will also include all the original hardware minus the pickups.  

2 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

Why you ask,  easy enough I've gone all in on Shishkovs. 

you sold your Lester?

ArnieZ

4 hours ago, ArnieZ said:

you sold your Lester?

ArnieZ

NO, and I don't plan on it. I'm keeping what i'm attached to. Lester, Minneapolis Tele and the Junior.  That should round everything out pretty good with what I have coming in. My project guitar that I just bought had to go back because the damage wasn't worth chasing. 

How does it compare to the T51 you had?

13 minutes ago, 0054 said:

How does it compare to the T51 you had?

Bigger Neck, less bright, this is a pretty beefy sounding Tele. Still clear, just less chime, but that is mostly because of the blade pup. I have it wired with 500K pots instead of 250k. Sounds more 50's and the T51 sounded more 60's. 

I'm trying to load pictures, but my computer is not working correctly. 

Ok pictures uploaded, the string tree was added by the original owner. It actually was an improvement and the original is in the with the parts. I just didn't see a need for two trees. I"m pretty sure I bought everything new that I put on it. Needless to say it was a labor of love, not some hack job. 

1 hour ago, SSII x 2 said:

Great looking guitar.  Dig the mods, esp. the tuners.  Locking or no?

GLWtS!

More like BINDING, you push the string through the shaft out the back and as the string wraps around it ramps onto itself. This is a fairly new project for Sperzel I think. 

$600 Shipping and Paypal Included! I really have to say I got the pickups right on this one. Neck pickup is Stratty and Clean, the bridge is snappy and full. Both work great through a clean amp and a dirty amp. 

Last and final price drop, comes with a gig bag price includes shipping and Paypal. 

I

Edited by bubs_42

I want to keep all my Monkeys so lets sell this TELE! The Black one in the above picture will be available soon if the first in line passes.