Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FS: Modified James Burton Telecaster SOLD!

One fine Un-Telecaster. Started live as a James Burton Tele, Lave Red Finish (kinda swirley/blotchy). The neck is pretty much the same as the BAJA Telecaster, nice full handful of maple. The guitar was really clean when I got it but had been played in the Cowboy Chord area and the frets were worn down. I need a Tele to run with my Junior for live shows so I bought this one and reworked it to suit my needs. 

Frets were Dressed and Leveled

Cheap Tuners Replaced with Sperzels new shallow holes added for grip points and holes were reamed to fit new tuners. 

Bridge Replace with 3 saddle instead of 6 saddle

Added String Saver Saddles

Gutted and wired with CTS Pots, 3way. 

Pickups changed to Dimarzio Chopper T in the Bridge and a Cruiser in the Neck. Body was NOT Routed to fit strat size neck. It just fit. 

Ditched he White Guard and made the new guard. 

Still sounds great clean, great mids for dirty tones. Finish is in great shape, Neck is in great shape, I put a lot into and sometimes I just get a kick out of doing the projects. Specially when they come out this good. You get this guitar with a gig bag, no surprises from some strange seller off the internet. Plays like a million buck and I will add more photos tonight. $PENDING. Shipped to your door. 

eWmNnhF.jpg

R0ze1vU.jpg

QwqAT2l.jpg

WsbTaAv.jpg

IKtrJF5.jpg

Xf9NYAL.jpg

mXpJna8.jpg

mZC36bk.jpg

sf6baM3.jpg

mOincwF.jpg

uzPX33r.jpg

4 hours ago, ArnieZ said:

you sold your Lester?

ArnieZ

NO, and I don't plan on it. I'm keeping what i'm attached to. Lester, Minneapolis Tele and the Junior.  That should round everything out pretty good with what I have coming in. My project guitar that I just bought had to go back because the damage wasn't worth chasing. 

13 minutes ago, 0054 said:

How does it compare to the T51 you had?

Bigger Neck, less bright, this is a pretty beefy sounding Tele. Still clear, just less chime, but that is mostly because of the blade pup. I have it wired with 500K pots instead of 250k. Sounds more 50's and the T51 sounded more 60's. 

I'm trying to load pictures, but my computer is not working correctly. 

Ok pictures uploaded, the string tree was added by the original owner. It actually was an improvement and the original is in the with the parts. I just didn't see a need for two trees. I"m pretty sure I bought everything new that I put on it. Needless to say it was a labor of love, not some hack job. 

1 hour ago, SSII x 2 said:

Great looking guitar.  Dig the mods, esp. the tuners.  Locking or no?

GLWtS!

More like BINDING, you push the string through the shaft out the back and as the string wraps around it ramps onto itself. This is a fairly new project for Sperzel I think. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Boy, i'd love to clear $500. Good luck finding another tele, that doesn't need anything, frets have been done, setup has been done, wiring has been upgraded, pickups upgraded, hardware upgraded and $500 to $600 less than a Kotzen but you get all the tone. 

• 2 weeks later...

Bit late to the party on this one, Bubs, but congrats on the sale. Those James Burton teles are the shizz. I couldn't help but notice the interesting B/E string tree placement. Better tuning stability than the traditional way?

29 minutes ago, Toadroller said:

Imaleave it be where it is.

Loving the tele.  Does all those tele things, makes all those tele sounds.  Nice and light and purty too.  And Bubs takes care of his stuff!

@bubs_42 are those 9s on there?

I think they are 9's. I have everything set up with 10, but it had 9's originally and when Josh's Guitar Shop did the frets they put 10's back on it and I never changed them. 

Archived