Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer Family Photo

shankyboy

37 minutes ago, BTMN said:

Chickenhead knobs on some Korina for a Win!  B)

Right? I'm a total sucker for a korina Vector, but the Futura is totally badass! And unobtainium. Then you get to the Artist... The grain is insane!

8 hours ago, specialk said:

Great collection shankyboy! Definitely one to be proud of.

And good to see you around here again. Seems like it's been a while. Congrats. 

Thanks. Yeah, it has been quite a while. For some reason, I drifted away from playing my Hamers for a while and spent more time gigging with my G&Ls. Probably because I never had much luck getting my tone with Humbuckers. Lately, I have found myself gravitating to a fuller sound and the Humbuckers are working for me. 

10 hours ago, scottcald said:

Cool collection.  It kind of looks like you had an open spot and bought the Futura because it fit the best.  :lol:

Interesting story on the Futura.The Vector was my first Hamer purchase. I had a Wayne's World moment when I saw the Vector because I am such an Albert King fanatic. Didn't matter who made it, I was finally going to own a Korina V. A year later, Hamer contacted the store that I purchased the Vector from and asked if I would be interested in getting the Futura to go with my Vector. I said only if I could have the same serial number. Both are #022 in their respective series. I had hoped that I could get the same serial number for the Artist but no such luck. I ended up with #005. Cool thing about the Artist is that it didn't cost me a dime. I was doing some work for the store at their new location and I got the guitar in trade for the work that I did. 

13 minutes ago, shankyboy said:

Cool thing about the Artist is that it didn't cost me a dime. I was doing some work for the store at their new location and I got the guitar in trade for the work that I did. 

So you're saying that your time is worthless?

59 minutes ago, shankyboy said:

Ha. You have a point. I guess the correct phrase would have been that no money came out of my pocket. 

Cool story on both accounts.  I have a Korina Artist I just got about a year ago.  It was not free, but definitely worth the money.  

Your collection is just right. I'm with you on the Tally, Newport, and a couple more Standards for the Zandard. B)

Archived