Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FS: Talledega Pro in Jazz Burst - $2,100

I took this off the market for awhile. I certainly don't mind keeping it, but there's another Hamer I'd like to make a run at. So it's back up here and Reverb. I've relisted it much higher on Reverb, but will sell it here for $2,100 plus shipping. A PP friends/family payment would be nice if you know me, but not required. 

For our non-US friends. As has been discussed around here, CITES makes things difficult to ship guitars with rosewood internationally. However, I am happy to apply for any permits necessary to ship the Talladega anywhere around the world. It would just require a little patience as a CITES export permit is approved. 

Also, even though I'm hoping to use the proceeds for a different Hamer, I will consider trades for other guitars. I'm not looking for anything in particular. Not interested in any amps.

Talladega Pro, a 2 humbucker 4 control version of the Talladega. I do not believe that many were made. The Pro is equipped with 2 Custom Shop Seymour Duncan pickups that I would describe as similar to Seth Lovers, a wrap around bridge and 4 controls (2 volume, 2 tone). I would describe the neck as a soft and subtle V shape. It does not have a pronounced V shape like the regular Talladegas do. It also has Hamer's victory inlays along the entire fretboard.

The finish color is Jazz Burst, a nice dark burst over a flame maple top and mahogany back. The weight is a light 7 pounds 8 ounces.

Condition wise, it is very good. It does have some light scratches around the pickups and on the back that you would expect on a guitar that has been played but cared for. The biggest "issue" is a small scratch/indent on the back of the neck behind the 10th fret that doesn't affect the playability or looks of the guitar. It's a little less than 1/2 inch long, not deep and barely noticeable. However, I have included a couple of pictures zoomed in and at an angle to document it (See posted pictures on Page 2). Also, the pickup covers have some tarnishing. 

The original hard shell case with the Hamer guitar tools (truss rod wrench, bridge post wrench and bridge allen wrench) are included. 

Bottom line, this is a typical Hamer build, top quality materials and workmanship.

You can see many more pics on the Reverb listing here: https://reverb.com/item/7373538-hamer-talladega-pro-jazz-burst

y4mYlLyGYdrqagkIUS813_vPr9cLkdWhKYlK4u1G

y4mH4y8wcyJzCCAuyiigo6qDh9MJZQ0FvrfwIsmg

Dang, as beautiful and rare is this Talladega Pro is - I can not believe this guitar is still for sale?!?   If I didn't already own one,  this one would already be on the UPS truck headed to my house!

Talladega Pro's are incredible guitars  and with a total of only 50 to 75 of them ever being made  they aren't going to get any more plentifull to buy.  Just my admittedly biased two cents worth.  :)

1 hour ago, Boomerang~Junkie said:

Dang, as beautiful and rare is this Talladega Pro is - I can not believe this guitar is still for sale?!?   If I didn't already own one,  this one would already be on the UPS truck headed to my house!

Talladega Pro's are incredible guitars  and with a total of only 50 to 75 of them ever being made  they aren't going to get any more plentifull to buy.  Just my admittedly biased two cents worth.  :)

If those numbers are true, at least the half of them is working on my desktop as a wallpaper.

Whenever one better pic of a Tally or Tally Pro pops up, I'm gonna steal it.

From time to time I allow myself a look (and a grab) at my own 2 Tallies too, of course ;-)

Here's one of mine for you (there's a little gap in the top – she was a victim of the Nashville flood):

Talladega Pro.jpg

9 minutes ago, donner said:

@currypowder: Sorry for hijacking yer thread.

But the consequences can only mean: BUY-MORE-TALLADEGAS. EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE SOME!

GLWTS!

No need to apologize, anything that puts more eyeballs here and raises interest in Talladega Pros is good with me.

The Tally Pro just might be the best production model Hamer ever made (IMO), other than some even more limited runs. I was lucky enough to have owned three of them. Unfortunately, I am not a candidate for buying anything these days. Someone ought to snatch that.

18 minutes ago, django49 said:

The Tally Pro just might be the best production model Hamer ever made (IMO), other than some even more limited runs. I was lucky enough to have owned three of them. Unfortunately, I am not a candidate for buying anything these days. Someone ought to snatch that.

Thanks. I really need to reduce the harem, but I'm starting to waver a bit on this one. I might end up just keeping it and putting something else up.

Yeah, those Greco semi-hollows from the late 70s to early 80s are pretty special instruments, I have 3. Fujigen did not have a CNC machine until late '81, so they were handmade. And the whole line of Maxon pickups from that era are well regarded.

The SA-900 has some cosmetic wear, but plays and sounds great. As good as it is, the '80 SA-1200 w/Dry-Z pickups that I have listed is other-wordly. It's as good a guitar as I've ever laid my hands on. I would never sell it except I am lucky enough to have another SA-1200 from '81.

GLWTS.  Timing is everything.  I'd be all over that but for the wheels I set in motion.  Someday I'll get the tally pro,  just not in the near future.   Whoever gets this one will be lucky indeed.

Archived