Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Ok guys & gals! 

I scored a vintage like new Baldwin tube organ this weekend and all the 12ax7s test great. They are the most desireable USA preamps of all...long plate, black plates. They test great both on a tester and in my simple 5f1 Champ. They are either Sylvania or Raytheon. They break up fast and are super tubes. I will save a bunch for my amps and I have at least 10 to sell. Pics below.  These are from 1961, I believe. How about $40 each, shipped.

i also have, from a separate organ, a bunch of Matsuchita Japanese 12ax7s made on Mullard tooling that sound great.  No issues. I’ll let these go at $30 each. 

I am trying to raise funds for a compressor for my recording rack. 

Here are the USA black plates. I’ll offer Here first before going to Reverb. If my prices are out of line, say so and make a fair offer. I think these are good prices for quality USA and Japanese made 12ax7s. They are used but test wonderfully good. These are no more tubes of this quality being made anymore..,anywhere.

here is a Dropbox link to pics:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hi2rdn0iamsfj1a/IMG_3673.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mit2ecw1h5jdq48/IMG_3674.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ljx6icvplnxuyjl/IMG_3676.JPG?dl=0

These are great tubes! I play on putting one in V1 on all my amps except for my Marshall...it’s gotta have Mullards. 

If $40 is too high, make me an offer. I wanna sell 10 of these bad boys...

My favorite pre tubes as well... Raytheon-made Baldwin's, black long plates. Those organs had some great USA glass in them! I always hope to find an organ (the musical kind) in Goodwill or similar place with a bunch of classic glass inside, but it's never happened...yet! YOu have to remember just how much high-tech (especially for the time anyway) that used these tubes...military, possibly some medical equipment? Anyway, these things were built to function and last about forever in the pre of a guitar amp. 

Ok...5 of the black plates are gone. I have them listed on two other Forums, so If you want one or two, hit me up. I’d prefer they all go out to the HFC fam.

Nice! Those prices are not out of line at all. I've got a good supply of US Long plates already though, so I'll let others pick these up. I also don't have that many amps that actually can display the awesomeness of vintage glass.

...and the last 5 USA long plates on hold. Christmas tone is enroute!

I still have the Japanese Matsuchitas....they are great tubes too....

...and preamp tubes are all gone.

If anyone can use a Mullard EZ81 Rectifier, Old USA 5u4gb rectifier, or a nice set of 6l6gc, let me know.....

Archived