Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Bruno Mars covering Jimi

Jakeboy

First he nailed the Prince tribute on Let’s Go Crazy....now he covers Fire. The bass player is absolutely throwing down and Bruno does his own thing on the solo.

I like this guy. What can’t he do?

4 hours ago, kizanski said:

Stop stealing James Brown's act?

We are all stealing from somebody to a degree. I do not care for most of Bruno's music but every once in a while he does something that let's you know he does have a little bit of soul in him. 

5 hours ago, kizanski said:

Stop stealing James Brown's act?

This is true. But I am glad someone is keeping that old school soul alive. He does seem to make it his own as opposed to a slavish imitation.

Thanks for sharing the video link, OP. I liked his rendition of "Fire". I'm glad that Bruno Mars embraces James Brown, Prince, Jimi Hendrix, and whoever else inspires him whether it's their look, dance moves, or music. It's good to see the younger musicians reach back into music history and bring back good music to the younger audiences. Plus he's a very good singer and a pretty good guitarist from watching the video link on the last post. Bruno Mars and his band is all good with me. I'd buy a ticket to his concert. 

Guitar George

I dug it! A real pleasant surprise. I had written Mars off as another of the soul-less corporate musical animatronics that were churned out in the last 10-15 years. Had no idea he could play the gee-tar like that! And I dig his homage to JB. He could have picked (a LOT) worse influences than JH and JB.

17 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

He reminds me of Prince in many ways. 

Was thinking the same thing. Perhaps not quite as enigmatic or eccentric as Prince but yeah, I see that.

Archived