Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Tell Me About Your Christmas Haul

Michael_B

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I have got a scale from our young boy.

Not that I’m too heavy, just below 90kg right now. But I could easily carry 10kg less. That’s actually my goal for years. Although, I came down from 85 quite well for a while, it had turned the other direction recently. Too much work, much lesser moving since summer, and too much food. Apparently, the varying shape got noticed. B)

Books (the new Bon Scott - Last Highway, History of Metal Blade Records, a confirmed pre-order of the new Angus Young bio - did NOT get the Bruce Dickinson one so I'll be getting that one myself) , CD's (Accept - Rise of Chaos, Metallica - remasters of the first 3 albums, Cheap Trick - Christmas Christmas), a few shirts, socks, Pearls Before Swine daily calendar (which I ask for every year since the local paper discontinued it).

Got an Aerosmith Rocks Tour shirt reproduction, a couple of DVDs, and a great dose of friend and family Love sent my way. Life IS Good! Glad to read some of y'all had wild Christmas's and hope those with troubles find ways to turn them around in the coming year.

14 hours ago, Biz Prof said:

427d_m.jpgOther than a cable, this was it. I was looking for another mild dirt option on my board to mesh with a Tele bridge pickup. 

The numbers "427" on a pedal covered in (nearly) Shelby blue infers anything but mild!

ca0816-264360_1.jpg?1471382728000

We don't do loads of "stuff" but we had a big Swedish dinner on the 24th. Meatballs, sausages, lax, sil, potatoes, dill sauce, Swedish mustard, pickled beets, knäckebröd, cheeses, snapps, beer, and panna cotta.

I am larger now.

1 hour ago, Dasein said:

You live in Florida - why you need jammies? I live in Canada and it's buff for me every night!

I wear jammie bottoms pretty much all day because they don't make parachute pants no mo. B)

5 hours ago, velorush said:

The numbers "427" on a pedal covered in (nearly) Shelby blue infers anything but mild!

ca0816-264360_1.jpg?1471382728000

Verily, but I am only running the gain at 10 o'clock to emulate a JMP at a mid-level volume. Kind of like running a side-oiler 427 at about 55mph. You get the throaty rumble, but stop far short of making it scream and loosening fillings. 

I do love having a pedal with the famous engine displacement printed over that gorgeous metallic blue...even if the mighty FoMoCo FE big block actually clocked in at ~425 cid. 

5 hours ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

I wear jammie bottoms pretty much all day because they don't make parachute pants no mo. B)

They DO still make Zubaz pants though, in that popular '80's tiger stripe pattern, in lotsa sport team colors, too.  They're roomy in cut (one of the few items of clothing from the '80's that was, great for accommodating all those Holiday extra helpings too), though not in a 'Hammer' or 'Bieber'-style, thankfully.  Google 'em, they have a website.

I bought myself a V, and I will shamelessly pretend that gift cards from relatives are paying for it.  B)  I needed to complete my unholy metal guitar trinity of explorer, firebird and V. 

Wow, things here in Santa Barbara were a mess because of the fire but I managed to luck out anyway. Primarily due to the HFC and myself doing a little buying/selling horse trading etc. 

The mojohand fuzz pedal turned out to be awesome, perfect timing as I just received a (also awesome) pedalboard from Shawn. The PRS CE22 that I traded for is even more awesome ... a total fluke as I had just  always wanted a blue guitar (lol) The seller (trader?) described it as having lots of mojo and playing like "buttah". Yikes! I usually run away at the sight of these words but I was in cutting slack mode due to the HFC factor. It actually does have mojo and also actually does play like buttah, but what are the chances of that? A Christmas miracle?

So thanks to the HFC I have a new pedalboard, new pedal, new geetar par excellence and didn't kill myself due to an extremely depressing holiday

Hallelujah ! 

Plus Steve Haynie is sending me a bunch of old cassette tapes that will be a blast to listen to and Gtrdaddy is sending my friend a VCR.   

Where would I be without you guys?  

:)  :)  :)

13 hours ago, polara said:

We don't do loads of "stuff" but we had a big Swedish dinner on the 24th. Meatballs, sausages, lax, sil, potatoes, dill sauce, Swedish mustard, pickled beets, knäckebröd, cheeses, snapps, beer, and panna cotta.

I am larger now.

#meetoo!

19 hours ago, Dasein said:

You live in Florida - why you need jammies? I live in Canada and it's buff for me every night!

Haha. Same :)

Sounds like some good loot has been had. Hope everyone gifted twice as hard as they received ;)

New to vinyl, so a few records in my gotta haves (Weezer - Pinkerton, Radiohead - Hail to the Theif, Sloan - One Chord to Another) Plus a cleaning kit/brush. I was using a microfibre cloth, which did the trick (I think).

Fulltone OCD V2 (haven’t tried it yet) and a 5 switch bypass looper (loopmaster) which has not yet arrived. Something to look forward to; rejiggering my board when that arrives. 

Spoiled! 

My kid though, she was spoiled rotten by our huge family. no idea how we’re going to fit everything into the wagon to get back home today...

Archived