Hamer Fan Club Message Center

2017 Challenge Resilts

JimiH

Ok guys, going to struggle putting something complete up here before the year is out so here is where I’m at.

Decided for this years challenge to get to grips with travis picking ala Merle, Chet Tommy etc.

Got myself a nice Mayson acoustic 6 months ago and pretty much have not picked up my Diablo since😳

What is clear is there is no way I’m going to get to grips with this in 12 months, found that out in the first week, 5 Years is more realistic I think😀

The main problem for me is sticking with a song until I can play it all the way through. When I get stuck I move on to a new one 😩 so I have about 10 songs which I can play all the parts in bits but not all in one go. So this will be focus next year.

Saying that I’ve loved every minute of practicing and have been turned on to Chet Atkins, Tommy Emanuel, Merle Travis, Jerry Reed and Buster B Jones to name a few. Pretty much decided I’m going to stick with the acoustic for the time being. I’ll try and get something more up before the year is out

Regards

Geoff

All unfinished 😩

Sounds great to me. I am finishing up my 2017 challenge.  I have about 6 songs mixed and ready for mastering.  Just trying  to finish a couple more and put it out.

Decline in full length here. I’m having one song to finish for the lead lines and another at one third in the recording process. Time is just flying by. I’m realizing that I’m not going to make it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm done.  Album complete, mixed and mastered (at least as well as a neophyte such as myself can do).  Artwork complete and first version burned to CD.  Account created on CD baby and just deciding how to publish through CD Baby.

9 guitar and bass oriented rock songs written over the last 15 years.

inside.jpgoutside.jpg

So cool man! both you guys. Seeing a physical finished CD with artwork is just a killer accomplishment no matter how you look at it. You can hold it in your hand and feel its weight. Congrats! Dig those flying guitars too.

Thanks,  looking for an little help.   Can some one with good ears listen to a part of the tracks and tell me if the treble is too strong.  

My ears aren't  what they used to be. I tried listening in many different styles of speakers of my mix but I just listened in my wife's Honda oydessy.  Her stereo is bright sounding already but it made me wonder if the high frequencies are too strong.

Hi Kirk -- I'll often visit recording.org and post tracks there for mix review. The guys there can be really helpful with that kind of thing. I post as dogsoverlava over there.  I'll listen again when I get a chance as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2018 at 12:26 PM, Jakeboy said:

Yeah baby! Bucket-list stuff right there! Something about seeing your original music on iTunes that just rocks the world. 

Totally -- that's so cool. It's like getting a high Five from Steve Jobs himself!

2 hours ago, mathman said:

You are now an international star! B)

Archived