Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Reverb/Delay Pedals anyone using one?

bubs_42

I was going to pick up a Mooer Echoverb for rehearsal. I don't need any drive pedals, but I miss having that little delay on my guitar. I also never thought I would miss reverb, but dammit my Orangutan Jr. has it and i'm in love with it. Then the other guitar player brought in a single knob reverb pedal to put in front of his amp 2 weeks again and damn if it doesn't sound good. 

Look for a used HOF or a Boss RV-5. Their versatility is worth the footprint. My RV stays on at all times. I toggle between the Spring, Hall, and Mid settings. 

Keeley 30ms. Reverb/Delay, Automatic Double Tracking, etc. Very cool.

I tried a Keeley Caverns for a bit too. Two sided, both switchable delay/reverb. I thought it sounded great through all the settings, but its footprint was too big for my board real estate, and the delay portion was redundant with the Echosystem. Plus the 30ms is just fantastic for my needs. 

14 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

Then the other guitar player brought in a single knob reverb pedal to put in front of his amp 2 weeks again and damn if it doesn't sound good. 

Fake News. That has 3 knobs ....unless you want to call those trim pots? ;) 

I have never been a verb guy, but I picked up a Lovepedal HSR3 recently and man that thing sounds incredible. I sold a Strymon Flint due to non-use and I cannot stop using this HSR. I will use it while recording. it sounds so good, I’ll dial in a tone and commit right there on the way in.

I bought this both-in-one.  No presets, but it does an amazing number of things very well.

KWSDelay-large.jpg

Got it used at CME for a really great price.  Does all of this and the box is only 4.5" X 3.25":

SuperModWorkstationInstructionCardSide2.

1 hour ago, sixesandsevens said:

It's probably overkill for what you described, but the Strymon El Capistan is a great, flexible tape echo combined with a totally usable spring reverb emulation.  It's the only both-in-one pedal I've used outside of a multifx.

Way Overkill for what i'm looking to do. 

1 hour ago, velorush said:

I bought this both-in-one.  No presets, but it does an amazing number of things very well.

KWSDelay-large.jpg

Got it used at CME for a really great price.  Does all of this and the box is only 4.5" X 3.25":

SuperModWorkstationInstructionCardSide2.

Have you ever seen a Monkey flying a rocket ship? For what I want it for that is also overkill. 

Neunaber Wet Reverb stereo or mono. Both sound outstanding. Mono version go pretty cheap used on Ebay or Reverb.

https://neunaber.net/collections/pedals/products/wet-mono-reverb-v4

As for delays, the Tech 21 DLA delay sounds really good. I like the drift you can get with the delay as it adds kind of a chorus effect.

The Neunaber Echelon is also a really good delay mono or stereo and does the dotted eighth thingy and some other cool stuff.

I briefly had a Neunaber Wet years ago. It was simple and simply great. I was anti-pedal at that point and moved it on.

I loved how easy it was to dial in.....the Lovepedal HSR is similar in that regard and so is the room Reverb on the Keeley Memphis Sun pedal. I used the Sun of all of my guitar tracks on the AC Rev album just so I could get that vibe.

1 hour ago, Jakeboy said:

I briefly had a Neunaber Wet years ago. It was simple and simply great. I was anti-pedal at that point and moved it on.

I loved how easy it was to dial in.....the Lovepedal HSR is similar in that regard and so is the room Reverb on the Keeley Memphis Sun pedal. I used the Sun of all of my guitar tracks on the AC Rev album just so I could get that vibe.

I didn't like the Memphis Sun, it cloaked the signal. When you turned it one it made you sound like your amp was in THAT room not just in a room. I just didn't dig it at all. 

3 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

I didn't like the Memphis Sun, it cloaked the signal. When you turned it one it made you sound like your amp was in THAT room not just in a room. I just didn't dig it at all. 

Agreed. But for the 50s album I just recorded it was perfect.

It is not an everyday verb like the HSR is....but when you want THAT sound..

I use the Guyatone MR2. A couple of folks here turned me on to it and I haven't looked back. A little hard to find and can be a bit expensive but simple to operate and sounds good to my ears.

2 hours ago, rugby1970 said:

I use the Guyatone MR2. A couple of folks here turned me on to it and I haven't looked back. A little hard to find and can be a bit expensive but simple to operate and sounds good to my ears.

The Guyatone Echo is one of my Favorites. DRagan  uses them on his boards. I'm just really looking for a two in one pedal just to give me a little something so things are not so dry. I think the Mooer is the way to go, but of course that is the only one I can't find used. LOL  

I had been looking for a good spring type reverb pedal that uses a 9volt vs having to be plugged in. I have a soul mate spring verb on my pedal board but it's not exactly portable. Found the J Rocket Boing. One knob, battery powered, kinda reminds me of the Holy Grail, but without all the noise mine had. Like it so much my Soul Mate is now on the shelf. 

50 minutes ago, JES1680 said:

I had been looking for a good spring type reverb pedal that uses a 9volt vs having to be plugged in. I have a soul mate spring verb on my pedal board but it's not exactly portable. Found the J Rocket Boing. One knob, battery powered, kinda reminds me of the Holy Grail, but without all the noise mine had. Like it so much my Soul Mate is now on the shelf. 

Nail on the head with the EH Stuff, just find them too noisy. I have not used the J Rockett, but its on my radar. 

12 hours ago, JES1680 said:

I had been looking for a good spring type reverb pedal that uses a 9volt vs having to be plugged in. 

Catalinbread Topanga. Best I’ve used. For a good plate reverb, check out their Talisman. 

This isn't you, right?

On 1/1/2018 at 11:14 AM, bubs_42 said:

Nail on the head with the EH Stuff, just find them too noisy. I have not used the J Rockett, but its on my radar. 

Did you make a selection yet? J Rockett has a BOING! in their B-stock. I really want one of their B-stock Archer IKONs, but they don't like Canada.  

https://rockettpedals.com/product-category/b-stock/

Archived