Hamer Fan Club Message Center

TDC: Ting's Power All, Dead

Went to plug in my new pedal and the wall wart is dead. It's a Power All SK02G-090200U, 9v 2A. It's only a few years old and not used very much. Anything better out there without spending a lot of money? I use pedals maybe every other month. But with this new one I may use them more. My Ditzel came with one but it's 12v and I don't believe that will work with the 9v pedals.

Dank

Ting

IF you want to use multiple pedals, and esp if you want to set up a pedal board, Steve's comment is right on. The Voodoo Labs version (they make multiple) that I like is around $170, inc all the connectors you are likely to need. Check with Prymaxe or whomever else is fairly liberal with their sales, and you can likely get 20% off.

1 minute ago, hamerhead said:

On the cheap = 1Spot

On the Forever = Pedal Power II Plus

What I was trying to get across only much better said. 

If you're building a pedalboard and have something more permanent in mind, the isolated power supplies are definitely the way to go. If you just need an inexpensive means to power a few pedals to experiment, the One Spot is fine.  The only problem I've ever had with a One Spot was powering pedals before the amp and others in the loop on the same One Spot - lots of noise!  Otherwise, it's been fine.

If you're interested, I have an MXR DC power brick with all the cables, power, etc. Just don't have the original box for it. I have no use for anymore (Why did I think i needed a second board?). I'd let it go for $50 plus whatever it would cost to ship from here. 

Send me a PM, if that's up your alley. 

I've had my cheap-as-chips Caline CP-05 plugged in for a whole year now and never a problem. 10 isoltated connections with 18v + hi power 300ma etc They run abourt $20 delivered. I've never been snobby about PSU's and think cheap are as good as over-expensive...

On 12/29/2017 at 12:25 PM, Steve Haynie said:

How expensive are your pedals and how many do you have?  Spending as much on a power supply as another pedal is reasonable if you have four or five pedals.  Buy something good so you do not have this problem again.

Agreed, but just didn't want to spend $200

On 12/29/2017 at 12:12 PM, velorush said:

One Spot.  Not isolated, not fancy, but they are inexpensive and they work.

1Spot9v-large.jpg

Turns out some of my son's pedals came with these. He gave me one to hold me over.

22 hours ago, scottcald said:

Topic should be TDC - Ting's PowerAll.  :lol:

Done, Thanks!

22 hours ago, Sugartune said:

If you're interested, I have an MXR DC power brick with all the cables, power, etc. Just don't have the original box for it. I have no use for anymore (Why did I think i needed a second board?). I'd let it go for $50 plus whatever it would cost to ship from here. 

Send me a PM, if that's up your alley. 

I need to sell something and will most likely get this. A fella is interested in my Ocean Burst Melancon. That will give me $1750 left for paying off people I owe and maybe a male Yellow-tail Cribo :wub:

Archived