Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NGD: Hamer Centaura metal flake

DBraz

I picked up a ‘91 Centaura earlier this year with the idea of making it a sustainiac candidate.

After spending a LONG time stripping it very carefully I set about the master plan.  The neck was very clean but the frets were well worn.  On went the jumbo’s.  Then I started phase 2.  Send the body and neck to the US for a semi-instal by Mr Sustainiac at Maniac Music.  This had the advantage of the wiring being placed on a cavity sized bit of card, tested, and set aside for final installation in return.  

Phase 3 involved the body going to Stike for a gold metal flake finish with the headstock to match.  Rowyco Kustoms knocked out a tremendous finish.  Truly outstanding.

Phase 4 back to the UK and reassembly with a NOS Hamer Floyd set I had lying around and some Hamer gold coloured tuners (big thank you to Chris M for these) which I mixed with the original black tuner bodies.  I fitted a Bartolini ACE pickup in the bridge position and the middle pickup is the original Slammer with the body “matted” by your truly to match the finish of the other pickups.

All works faultlessly and sounds great.  

FFA829D6-4945-4AD7-84D7-9B6C69A0B1AE.jpeg

B1C04AA8-6390-4137-AC50-BDF99D002621.jpeg

34926F9E-6591-4F7A-9C52-C0A2268B7D39.jpeg

Absolutely stunning and that's saying quite a lot given my initial lukewarm reaction to it. DBraz was kind enough to share his plans with me earlier on and the eventual gold flake was quite a departure from his initial ideas. Truth is, while it mattered naught, I was less than enamored with the gold flake. However, in seeing how it all came together and noting Stike's masterful application of metal flake, I can't help but be in awe!

Bravo, DBraz! Bravo! :D

6 hours ago, DBraz said:

I picked up a ‘91 Centaura earlier this year with the idea of making it a sustainiac candidate.

After spending a LONG time stripping it very carefully I set about the master plan.  The neck was very clean but the frets were well worn.  On went the jumbo’s.  Then I started phase 2.  Send the body and neck to the US for a semi-instal by Mr Sustainiac at Maniac Music.  This had the advantage of the wiring being placed on a cavity sized bit of card, tested, and set aside for final installation in return.  

Phase 3 involved the body going to Stike for a gold metal flake finish with the headstock to match.  Rowyco Kustoms knocked out a tremendous finish.  Truly outstanding.

Phase 4 back to the UK and reassembly with a NOS Hamer Floyd set I had lying around and some Hamer gold coloured tuners (big thank you to Chris M for these) which I mixed with the original black tuner bodies.  I fitted a Bartolini ACE pickup in the bridge position and the middle pickup is the original Slammer with the body “matted” by your truly to match the finish of the other pickups.

All works faultlessly and sounds great.  

FFA829D6-4945-4AD7-84D7-9B6C69A0B1AE.jpeg

B1C04AA8-6390-4137-AC50-BDF99D002621.jpeg

34926F9E-6591-4F7A-9C52-C0A2268B7D39.jpeg

!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I enjoyed this one so much I just picked up a stripped Centaura for shits n giggles. Not sure what I’m gonna do with it paint wise but look for it in the HFC for sale section in the future. I don’t really need or even want another guitar and I feel like a fat lady with a tiny purse when I play a dinky bodied shredder

2 hours ago, Stike said:

I enjoyed this one so much I just picked up a stripped Centaura for shits n giggles. Not sure what I’m gonna do with it paint wise but look for it in the HFC for sale section in the future. I don’t really need or even want another guitar and I feel like a fat lady with a tiny purse when I play a dinky bodied shredder

Depending on when because of some expenses coming up and how much, I'll call dibs!  

16 hours ago, tbonesullivan said:

Every time I see one of these, I get the urge to send one of my Diablos over there.

This.

I've had my Green Meanie since 2002 and have been jonesing a refin for it since about 24 hours after I brought it home. Stike's metal flake would be a good option, along with some jumbo stainless frets.

Lake Guitar Rig.jpg

6 hours ago, diablo175 said:

This.

I've had my Green Meanie since 2002 and have been jonesing a refin for it since about 24 hours after I brought it home. Stike's metal flake would be a good option, along with some jumbo stainless frets.

You know it makes sense!

Archived