Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Anyone have experience with southcreek audio guitar cables?

BubbaVO

Question

8 answers to this question

I know nothing about these,  ut if I need new cables, I will use :

1. Bill Lawrence cables——a great deal on GREAT solderless cables. I use these.

2. Bayou Audio Cables...Butch Ammons does GREAT work. I use these.

22 minutes ago, scottcald said:

Or if you're adventurous, buy a soldering iron and just fix it.  

I would mess with it if I thought I could figure it out.  But it's  the connector and the input jack that started giving me trouble.  For some reason, when I use a spare cable it seems to work just fine.   The spare cable is only about 6 ft long.  It's not something I want to use often.

1 hour ago, BubbaVO said:

I would mess with it if I thought I could figure it out.  But it's  the connector and the input jack that started giving me trouble.  For some reason, when I use a spare cable it seems to work just fine.   The spare cable is only about 6 ft long.  It's not something I want to use often.

In that case, I'd just cut off the connector and put a new one on or is it one of those silencer connectors?

ETA: That said, I have about 4 cables waiting for this treatment. 

Haven't seen those before.  Assuming they're out of warranty, I'd first just contact PlanetWaves.  Who knows, they may just send you one.  Otherwise, I'd probably buy a switchcraft or Neutrik connector, cut off the planet waves connector and solder on the new one. 

7 hours ago, scottcald said:

...I'd first just contact PlanetWaves.  Who knows, they may just send you one..... 

This. I've been pleasantly surprised that way by a few different companies. Can't hurt to give it a try.

15 hours ago, scottcald said:

Or if you're adventurous, buy a soldering iron and just fix it.  

Or buy new ones and send me your old ones. ;) 

In cables its all about the impedance, it matters to your ears. YOU DON"T NEED A $100 Cable to hear the difference and don't buy the sold ended cable like Monsters that cannot be repaired.  

BTW I love the Planet Waves Cables.

Archived