Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Marshal Code. Budget Kemper or Teenage Toy??

MTM105

Sadly,  it appears Marshall rushed these out a little too quickly without removing all the bugs, if the guys over at the Marshall Forum are to be believed...and that group REALLY wanted to love the Code series.

I have personally never played any of these, but the Fender Mustang series get consistently good reviews.

13 hours ago, RobB said:

Why is Marshall playing, “ catch-up”? They already did their midi-preamp thing, which roolz. 

Yeah, they should have just updated it a little with USB and an editor and put that into a combo amp. 

On 1/1/2018 at 11:41 AM, MTM105 said:

Marshall or BOSS?

I'm not too keen on staring at a BOSS Amp.

Then close your eyes and let your ears decide. You could always remove the Boss nameplate and screw on a Marshall one. I've had the Katana 100 1-12" combo for over a year and the honeymoon ain't over. Just a great sounding amp. The built in effects are just icing on the cake (and they are excellent). 

I remember the late-70's Hiwatt heads I used to have, one 50w DR504 and one 100w DR103.  HUGE, heavy Partridge transformers.  Those things were loud enough to strip chrome off of a trailer hitch at 50 yards.  I sold them years ago as they're too much amp for me or most neighborhoods I used to live in.

Archived