Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center
0054

Incoming or keeping up with Bubs?

Recommended Posts

OK,

So I'm waiting on a certain amp to be built, but something else came up and it's something I have always had an eye on....

Incoming! or am I keeping up with Bubs? My only problem is I don't sell anything!

http://www.jukeamps.com/coda.htm

Should be here tomorrow or Thursday.

5881s and reverb (Ampeg with Magnantone elements), and tremolo (Valco) and True Varistor Vibrato (Magnatone). From what I've read and heard the amp can go very clean to a good amount of crunch... not modern, but I think it will get the "Faces" kind of crunch...

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds cool.

If I ever tried one I would have to order with the custom cab option and request it didn't have the slant thing going on with the baffle opening since that would drive me a bit nuts. :-)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the 50s, so that stuff grabs me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please for you health and your marriage, steer clear of any attempt to keep up. Thanks are indeed winding down for me, the kids are getting old enough to start figuring out that old dad has a screw loose. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

Please for you health and your marriage, steer clear of any attempt to keep up. Thanks are indeed winding down for me, the kids are getting old enough to start figuring out that old dad has a screw loose. 

That kind of crazy is contagious too, you've got me looking at those 3 Monkeys again.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats!  You’re going to love it. Gary designed a killer circuit in those tiny monsters.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

Please for you health and your marriage, steer clear of any attempt to keep up. Thanks are indeed winding down for me, the kids are getting old enough to start figuring out that old dad has a screw loose. 

LOL, I think this is the last of the amp stuff... LOL, then fixing old magnatones... then then then

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LordsoftheJungle said:

That kind of crazy is contagious too, you've got me looking at those 3 Monkeys again.

Sorry, but they are pretty freaking great amps. I have the little 12 watter down here while I learn some songs. It is maybe on 1 withe pre up around 8 and its just gritty and chimey. I can still roll the volume off on my guitar and it sounds great. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 0054 said:

LOL, I think this is the last of the amp stuff... LOL, then fixing old magnatones... then then then

Old Magnatones, Dragan has one that is awesome. When I sold him my Budda he loaned it to me so I would have an amp until my East came in. Love that amp, its sounds so good on its own or boosted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The older I get, the less prone I am to blow a big hole in my budget with new gear, great or not.  I'll probably end up like T-Model Ford, playing a Peavey Razer and a Fender tube combo, and (hopefully) play on stage with some dance accompaniment like this.:

 

Edited by crunchee
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 0054 said:

OK,

So I'm waiting on a certain amp to be built, but something else came up and it's something I have always had an eye on....

Incoming! or am I keeping up with Bubs? My only problem is I don't sell anything!

http://www.jukeamps.com/coda.htm

Should be here tomorrow or Thursday.

5881s and reverb (Ampeg with Magnantone elements), and tremolo (Valco) and True Varistor Vibrato (Magnatone). From what I've read and heard the amp can go very clean to a good amount of crunch... not modern, but I think it will get the "Faces" kind of crunch...

 

Congratulations! You'll love it. I've got one of Gary's earlier 1210 Warblers (2 x EL34 combo with 1 x 12 and 2 x 10 Weber AlNiCo speakers) great cleans, great grind, and the pitch shift vibrato is way cool.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I loved the idea of a super clean amp, and the tricone system always appealed to me, but with a Hiwatt Style amp coming in at some point, a little dirt with some headroom is a nice compromise, besides it is lighter.

 

Bubs, old Maggie's are stoner rock sleepers. You hear the reviews "clean until almost 10..." The reality is they get a great sound, very organic crunchy overdrive

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, 0054 said:

OK,

So I'm waiting on a certain amp to be built, but something else came up and it's something I have always had an eye on....

Incoming! or am I keeping up with Bubs? My only problem is I don't sell anything!

http://www.jukeamps.com/coda.htm

Should be here tomorrow or Thursday.

5881s and reverb (Ampeg with Magnantone elements), and tremolo (Valco) and True Varistor Vibrato (Magnatone). From what I've read and heard the amp can go very clean to a good amount of crunch... not modern, but I think it will get the "Faces" kind of crunch...

 

Oh it will get the Faces crunch...especially with that 90’d Shish you have. Have mercy!

Love Old Maggie’s too.....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Bloozguy said:

Congratulations! You'll love it. I've got one of Gary's earlier 1210 Warblers (2 x EL34 combo with 1 x 12 and 2 x 10 Weber AlNiCo speakers) great cleans, great grind, and the pitch shift vibrato is way cool.

Don’t ya love the tremolo on that thing.  Soooooo rich.  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×