Hamer Fan Club Message Center

2012 FGN Neo Classic Custom - PRICE DROP to $750 - Trades Considered

I had planned on keeping this one along with another in white/cream finish. However, I decided it's silly to keep 2 of the exact same guitar (albeit in different colors).

If you're not familiar with this particular guitar, it is a superb quasi-copy of a LP Custom (the headstock shape is different), complete with a 100% mahogany body and neck (no maple cap) ebony fretboard with real shell inlays and gold hardware. The pickups are a Duncan set of JB/'59. Condition wise, I would describe it in very good to excellent condition, with one exception described below. There are a couple of slight indents on the back, but not through the finish. The pickguard has some light pick marks, but the body itself is smooth. 

The one issue is some finish cracking around the first few frets on both sides of the neck. It came to me this way, so I'm not sure what happened. I can tell you that I am unable to get any separation that would indicate a break or crack in the neck. I've played it without issue and with full stability for the year that I've owned it. I've pulled lightly on the headstock and have noticed no fretboard or other separation. The pictures were taken with a flash, which makes it look much worst than with the naked eye. All that being said, it's there. 

The neck is a U shape. It's width is 1 3/4" at the nut and 2 1/16 at the 12th fret. It's depth is 13/16 at the nut and 15/16 at the 12th fret. Very comfortable to play. 

The guitar weighs 9.6 pounds.

Includes your choice of the original FGN padded gig bag OR a new Musician's Gear Hard Shell Case. For an additional $50 I'll include both the case and gig bag..

Given the neck finish issue, I'm asking quite a bit less for this one than I've sold the others, $850 DROPPED TO $750 shipped/paypal'd. I'm happy to consider trades, but don't want to add any cash. A couple of members here have this exact model and I'm pretty sure they're thrilled with it, as am I. Perhaps they'll chime in.

Uploaded a set of pics here, but included a couple below - https://1drv.ms/a/s!AoLRRT1O_HxXuxplLgDjUYHTepI7

y4m_blAAQh2ojBpnQRvreB__mkrd35TTN4_Ll9SB

y4m_vqk0z383Pk9t17AyKgUzDBPY_4syRsymIKZX

y4mLCP-qO4GoRRZkyfMu0KC1FdBBTvbYfTXhE7WD

A few years back I had a semi hollow "masterfield" FGN that was just slightly smaller than a 335 but larger than a 339. It was really darn nice. I'm surprised that this one doesn't have their own wound pickups as they are quite good.  What's the weight on this one?

8 hours ago, analogsystem said:

A few years back I had a semi hollow "masterfield" FGN that was just slightly smaller than a 335 but larger than a 339. It was really darn nice. I'm surprised that this one doesn't have their own wound pickups as they are quite good.  What's the weight on this one?

I updated the listing with some neck measurements and weight. It weighs 9.6 pounds. 

The neck profiles of all of the modern guitars built at Fujigen that I've owned have been incredibly consistent. 

On 1/3/2018 at 3:07 PM, Punkavenger said:

Absolutely one of my favorite guitars. The quality is excellent and the SD pickups actually sound great. Not only that but the neck carve is perfect. Buy this guitar!  

10 hours ago, RobB said:

This is a steal. If you’re on the fence, jump off. These NCs are easily equal or better than any Gibson I’ve owned and the best Japanese replicas I’ve played. 

Thanks for the comments, guys. 

Weren't the Epiphone Elitist LPs made by fugigen? If so, then the one I owned would indicate that they, and this guitar, are absolutely Gibson LP killers!

Archived