Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Expanding My Musical Vocab

Snagged a couple of new toys today. I'll have them to play with over the weekend and they seem like a lot of fun and offer a lot of options for song writing.

So you're getting into Country/Chicken Pickin'?

2 hours ago, Brooks said:

it tracks better than the roland guitar synth I had

Yeah, I still have a GR-55 and a GP-10 I'm playing around with.   I hate when Roland does stuff like this.  The GP-10 has better guitar tones, but a lot less in terms of non-guitar sounds.  With the SY-300, it seemed they were moving in this direction.  I hope they (or someone else) will release something that covers all these bases. 

1 hour ago, scottcald said:

I hate when Roland does stuff like this.  I hope they (or someone else) will release something that covers all these bases. 

yeah if you bought EH organ, synth, & piano pedals it would cost more than a synth

5 hours ago, Brooks said:

yeah if you bought EH organ, synth, & piano pedals it would cost more than a synth

I wouldn't mind having the piano pedal though, I do have a perfectly good midi keyboard and a shit-ton of cool sound samples not the least of which are some excellent piano samples. The drawback is that the software is at least 6 or 7 years old as is the system it's on. Dragging a laptop and the keyboard (which I don't even really know how to play) is a huge detriment.  The EHX pedals stay relevant and are easy to use- plug and play, baby!

On 1/4/2018 at 11:46 AM, Hbom said:

I really enjoy the C9 Organ machine. Been afraid to try anymore of the '9's but they do arouse my curiosity.

Yup. I snagged one of those a year or so ago and it does great for emulating Jon Lord's organ sound for my take on his solo in Highway Star. Ever since then, I've wanted to add more keyboard parts to our cover band's repertoire. The Synth 9 and the C9 should greatly enhance our capabilities to cover tunes that otherwise sound silly w/o the keys. VH's Jump and Bon Jovi's Living On a Prayer come to mind. Maybe even Ozzy's Mr. Crowley-  :lol:

Archived