Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NGD: A Looong time coming.

Without getting into a essay length story,...

As a lefty, I'm completely limited in my off the rack selection of guitars. But ultimately, I've never really felt left out.  I've been lucky to come across pretty much every guitar I've ever been interested in playing. This includes my beloved Hamers, that I never thought I'd land.

But for some reason, I've never had a USA Jackson Soloist land in my lap. As weird as it might sound to some, despite being a production guitar, I've never even seen a lefty in person!  Last year Jackson offered a import Soloist and I jumped on one, figuring that might be the closest I ever will come to its USA counterpart. In stead of scratching an itch, it made me want the "real deal".

Cut to a small cash windfall, and I decided to approach Southpaw Guitars about a NOS Soloist. I made them a offer, and to my surprise, they accepted. And hats off to them. After I paid for the guitar, they realized they no longer had OHSC. So rather than wait for a replacement Jackson fitted case to arrive in the shop, they sent it in a nice new SBK case. They are going to forward me the Jackson case on their dime.

So here it is.....finally, and very fitting that it looks like it stepped out of the 80s. This might be the kick in the pants to actually start playing again.

vjMgHhx.jpg

UgABLgw.jpg

5zfIDGb.jpg

Thanks guys!

I'm so happy with it. Yep, its garish and screams hair metal, but LOVE it.

First impressions:

As a super strat, bolt on neck guy, this neck through thing has got me re-thinking stuff. Its acoustically loud, and rings for days. The neck is a little chunkier than I would have thought, but its so damn playable, that I feel like I'm going to adapt quickly. When I fine tune it, the sucker's going to be like butter.

Archived