Hamer Fan Club Message Center

This sounds promising.

" Secondly, Judas Priest revisited an old recording approach they’d first employed during their early years. “We went back to the organic way of recording where it’s all of us in a room and we got to play together,” drummer Scott Travis explained. "

However, not to excited anyway. Hard to feel enthusiastic when KK is not on board.

• Like 3

I pre-ordered my copy of Firepower yesterday.  If there is a way to make it work, my plan is to be at that Judas Priest show in Wilkes-Barre, PA.  If not, my ticket will be up for grabs.

• Like 2

I hear ya,
But it looks promising. Who knows what goes on in bands and their relationships with one another... 

Everyone is hurt, and success doesn't necessarily provide the soothing balm, rather it infuriates it at times.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, 0054 said:

I hear ya,
But it looks promising. Who knows what goes on in bands and their relationships with one another... 

Everyone is hurt, and success doesn't necessarily provide the soothing balm, rather it infuriates it at times.

This sounds pretty good, even though it's a compressed youtube clip:

• Like 2

JP has been one of my favorite bands, but the new song isn't doing anything for me.

• Like 1

You ever have one of those moments where you want to remember the music and how good it was back then so you don't want to revisit 'cause it may not be as dope as you remember? I'm having one of those moments now and kinda want to remember JP the times I saw them in the 80s.

• Like 2

I liked it. 

• Like 2

The guitars SOUND good, and Rob's voice is obviously holding up but the progression is pretty generic.  Of course the most recent Priest album in my collection is Ram It Down so what do I know?  Did Andy Sneap produce it?  It sounds like it.

• Like 1

That looks like a pretty aggressive tour they are about to embark on. I hope Glenn can hold up. IIRC there were some struggles on the last tour with his playing ?

It does cop a Ram It Down vibe.   

I'd like to hear more. 

• Like 1

Nice, if somewhat subdued, arranging of the guitars. No one does guitar harmonies quite like JP,  very cool. Sounding tight, anyway.

Not a fan of the China cymbal -- I cannot stand the sound of those things. 

Looking forward to the April show with part of Thin Lizzy and Saxon!

• Like 1

On 1/6/2018 at 7:25 PM, tommy p said:

The guitars SOUND good, and Rob's voice is obviously holding up but the progression is pretty generic.  Of course the most recent Priest album in my collection is Ram It Down so what do I know?  Did Andy Sneap produce it?  It sounds like it.

Quoting myself!  It was produced by Tom Allom with Andy Sneap as co-producer.  I'm going to give it a listen.  I'd love to have a new Priest album I actually like.

• Like 2

On 1/6/2018 at 7:54 AM, Steve Haynie said:

I pre-ordered my copy of Firepower yesterday.  If there is a way to make it work, my plan is to be at that Judas Priest show in Wilkes-Barre, PA.  If not, my ticket will be up for grabs.

If they are there....I will be there.

• Like 1

Anyone know of any meet and greet oppos at the Wilkes-Barre show tomorrow?

And I'm back for a third post in the same thread.

I streamed the album last Friday when it came out and walked away giving it a resounding "meh".  I listened to it twice more today and it REALLY grew on me.  I will be buying my first new Priest album since Turbo.  I think you can see why they lost me!  I belong to a couple of CD swap sites online so I do have Painkiller on my "wish list".  If someone throws it out there, I'll get that one for free.

• Like 3

Just now, tommy p said:

And I'm back for a third post in the same thread.

I streamed the album last Friday when it came out and walked away giving it a resounding "meh".  I listened to it twice more today and it REALLY grew on me.  I will be buying my first new Priest album since Turbo.  I think you can see why they lost me!  I belong to a couple of CD swap sites online so I do have Painkiller on my "wish list".  If someone throws it out there, I'll get that one for free.

I really like this new one too.  The guitar work is great.  Can't deny the bittersweet nature of listening to the guitar solos given the backstory.  But I'm looking forward to seeing them tomorrow!

• Like 1

Saxon kicked ass ... guess who's next ... 

IMG_2154.JPG

• Like 4

Saxon. Damn I'd love to see them. Never had the chance back in the day.

Posted (edited)

Go.... I'm stil drunk ... but trust me on this

IMG_2177.JPG

Edited by BubbaVO
  • Like 2

One other note .... Ritchie & Andy were veryrespectful of what they were playing.  Good on the both of them.   Rob sounded great!

• Like 3

I just watched some video of the opening of this show on someone's Facebook page. Looks like Priest brought the full epic stage production.

It was like 1982 all over again.

• Like 2

Ha!  No Tina turbo.  But Rob and the boys delivered the goods.