Hamer Fan Club Message Center

LTD Run of 10 Vaschenko Korina Flying V's !!!!!

I saw that on the Gear Page - looks very nice!

Any idea what they're going for?

4 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

I saw that on the Gear Page - looks very nice!

Any idea what they're going for?

It says $4500 in the comments section.

Well, it says "4500 hundred and half down", but it doesn't look like a $450k deal to me.

Is that Lance Keltner? He's got the same figure as Warren Haynes now. Took like a minute in to the video until I recognised it was him. :D 

8 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

Try out a korina Hamer Vector and decide if you can find better.  There are a few that pop up for sale every year at less than $4500.

It's hard to imagine anyone improving on those.
Maybe if you absolutely needed a Gibson copy in the strictest sense of the word (body thickness being the most obvious difference), then I can see it, but not at more than twice the price of the Hamer.

This wreaks of Gear Page scamboogery.

36 minutes ago, kizanski said:

It's hard to imagine anyone improving on those.
Maybe if you absolutely needed a Gibson copy in the strictest sense of the word (body thickness being the most obvious difference), then I can see it, but not at more than twice the price of the Hamer.

This wreaks of Gear Page scamboogery.

I wouldn't blame it all on TGP or Lance.

Maybe Vaschenko approached Lance about this.

It takes 2 to do the dirties.

Sometimes you have to whore yourself out and sell you soul to get over the hump.

I'm guessing Vaschenko wants to "Make It".

Just to add a little more about the Vectors this needs to be mentioned. 

Gibson did their reissue korina Flying V and Explorer in the 90's with list prices of $11,000.00.  Hamer wanted to prove it could be done cheaper, so a real V was borrowed and spec'ed.  The big difference was the body thickness of the Hamer to accommodate the Hamer style neck joint.  Hamer made the 1997 run for a fifth of Gibson's price.  The list price went way up ten years later.  So, the korina Hamers may not be as exact on specs as the Vaschenko for the purists who need something so perfectly the same as a 50's Gibson, but then those people really need a Gibson logo to sleep at night.  Hopefully it will be people looking to play their guitars that buy them.

In no way can anyone knock the Vaschenko without having tried it.  There are some very good 50's Flying V copies without the same price tag.  If Mike Shishkov were to do a run of them at a similar price we would probably defend his price based on the quality we know.  The Hamers would be standing out for their value in that situation, too.  Mike is not doing V's or Vectors, so it is a moot point. 

What I like about Hamer Standards, and Vectors, is the body thickness. I only played a Gibson Korina Vee reissue once and that was over 10 years ago so I don't remember how it felt, but the ordinary Gibson Explorers with their thin bodies always feels like toys compared to my Hamer Standards. Just sayin´.

3 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

If Mike Shishkov were to do a run of them at a similar price we would probably defend his price based on the quality we know.

At nine grand?  No, I wouldn't.

I've seen some Vaschenko build threads and he is a talented guy. Asking price for this is ridiculous. Even $4500 is steep for this. He makes  59 LP clones for $5000 asking, I believe. This is just a way for the shill to make money! Destroy All Guitars sells Vaschenko.

ArnieZ

As soon as I heard that...it all made perfect sense.

Nothing about the fretboard in the specs? Well, I guess this is a case for CITES. So, no, thanks. :P 

According to Lance's FB page, there are only 2 remaining spots to purchase one. Apparently, the 2 open spots just became that way because 2 would be buyers backed out for financial reasons. 

Archived