Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Lana ripping off Radiohead?

BubbaVO

2 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

I can hear similarities, but it is more in the feel of each song than the melody.  The Lana Del Rey song is close to Creep, but Creep is not the same melody as The Air That I Breathe. 

This is good mash up. 

The thing that stands out to me is the bridge melody in creep is nearly note for note with the last form in the Hollies song, sung by the rhythm section in that mashup right at the end. 

Yeah, it's too close to Creep, which was too close to The Air that I Breathe. Different songs entirely, but the structure, down to the changed minor at the end are the same. 

Not sure it's worth 100%, and I'd probably suggest 40% is fair, but who knows the real deals.

20 hours ago, DaveL said:

weird, I totally think it's a ripoff...  I had heard the rep's for lana del rey had offered 40%

but were rejected.  

Of course it was. Kanye West says Thom Yorke is an asshole. That's saying something right there. :lol:

40 minutes ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

Of course it was. Kanye West says Thom Yorke is an asshole. That's saying something right there. :lol:

well I guess he should take solace in that he’s known as the creep guy.  It could have been worse,  could have been the cherry pie guy or I’m too sexy guy...   ;) 

It's too close to Creep to be coincidence. Lana's age, plus Creep being practically the anthem for a generation? Chord progressions are one thing but that progression + tempo + a lot of similarities in the melody? I'll grant her the benefit of a doubt that the song is so embedded in a lot of people that she subconsciously just re-wrote it, and say 40% is fair though.

Now THIS was a ripoff... The Eagles just did a note-for-note of Otis Clay. Bob Seeger and The Eagles sound like they were just dubbing different melodies over the same backing tracks for their two songs.

http://www.trunkworthy.com/otis-clay-deserves-to-be-remembered-in-the-long-run/

38 minutes ago, Toadroller said:

Yuck.

This must be why I hate every new country song. They all suck the exact same.

Archived