Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: 1986 Cruise Bass - Sea Foam Green

Haven't seen many of these around in this color... Black hardware is a nice touch... Listed at Music Go Round in PA... not too crazy about the price, though... Looks like it's in very good condition in the pictures...

https://reverb.com/item/8288664-hamer-cruise-1986

Just now, Studio Custom said:

They have a "make an offer" option available. 

It's music go round... I don't think they would look at the "offers" unless its been sitting on the board for over 6 months...Could be wrong, hopefully I am ;) 

It's REALLY clean looking, and that's a cool, rare finish too!

SFG%20Pearl%20Cruisebass%2085%20(1).webp

Hamer Cruisebass 85 SFG Pearl.jpg

1 hour ago, cmatthes said:

I think the black hardware, headstock and knobs, along with the rosewood fingerboard look amazing against the finish... little bit of finish checking on the neck (see reverb pictures), but otherwise looks very clean for its age...

2 hours ago, Jfritts said:

1st generation Cruises seem to be priced all over the place. This one seems reasonable to me, given the condition and color.

I was thinking the same thing. It seems like a fair price: You may not be getting the deal of a lifetime, but you wouldn't be getting ripped off either.

19 minutes ago, prototype-fan said:

I was thinking the same thing. It seems like a fair price: You may not be getting the deal of a lifetime, but you wouldn't be getting ripped off either.

Agreed - it would be extremely tough to find a similar quality, set neck, USA-made vintage bass in that price range.

My friend got an old Cruise like that in the $6xx range not too long ago... which is borderline criminal, given how fantastic these are.  Considering the (very cool) finish on this one, I dont feel it's priced out of line.  I'd just toss an offer in or call 'em - worst they can do is say no.

Killer basses.

Good luck!

On 1/9/2018 at 11:41 AM, cmatthes said:

SFG%20Pearl%20Cruisebass%2085%20(1).webp

Yep, that's a seldom seen color... Love it !

Looks cool.  Nicer than a lot of the ones.     I’d forget reverb and call the store.   I still don’t think the market is huge on these maybe they’ll deal.    There was a cool graphic blitz at gc which sat for a while at a similar price. 

I've been looking for a solid colour series one this side of the pond for a while.  Shipping and import duties from the US don't really make it feasible.

What kind of irks me is that Hamer used to have a UK distribution centre about two miles from where I type this...I think they shared the location with Warwick as well.  I saw a few Cruises when I tagged along with a drummer mate.  Should have got one then; they were doing ridiculously good direct deals (probably from out the back of the warehouse!).

I stand corrected in regards to the pricing of the set neck cruise basses... especially after seeing the asking price and related condition of this one on CL https://worcester.craigslist.org/msd/d/1985-hamer-cruisebass/6457691426.html 

On 1/15/2018 at 10:25 AM, geobluto said:

I stand corrected in regards to the pricing of the set neck cruise basses... especially after seeing the asking price and related condition of this one on CL https://worcester.craigslist.org/msd/d/1985-hamer-cruisebass/6457691426.html 

Asking price and selling price are probably not going to be the same on this one. I would definitely go for the surf green over this one. Judging by the pics this is for sale in a music store, right? They can't put a set of strings on this bass before listing it??

On 15/01/2018 at 5:25 PM, geobluto said:

I really don't have an issue with that one.  It looks like it's had a lot of honest use.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like the former purchaser of this bass wasn't too happy with the finish checking on the back of the neck and returned it... Bass back up for grabs, currently at the Wilkes-Barre, PA location... Ask for Dustin if interested (570) 823-8733

https://www.musicgoround.com/p/863662/used-hamer-cruise-bass-usa-1986-bass-guitar-green

9 hours ago, geobluto said:

Looks like the former purchaser of this bass wasn't too happy with the finish checking on the back of the neck and returned it... Bass back up for grabs, currently at the Wilkes-Barre, PA location... Ask for Dustin if interested (570) 823-8733

https://www.musicgoround.com/p/863662/used-hamer-cruise-bass-usa-1986-bass-guitar-green

Dude, I want this so bad! Checking would not be a problem. Thanks,  I may have to call Justin! Bought too many 6 strings in my new G&L obsession! Somebody please buy this. The Hamer 2 Tek I have is plenty. But that will not be enough! Please somebody PLEASE stop me!

6 minutes ago, geowolves said:

Dude, I want this so bad! Checking would not be a problem. Thanks,  I may have to call Justin! Bought too many 6 strings in my new G&L obsession! Somebody please buy this. The Hamer 2 Tek I have is plenty. But that will not be enough! Please somebody PLEASE stop me!

I have a 2nd generation 2 Tek, and a 1st generation.  They are different.  You must have both.  And that is a gorgeous bass.  I have spoken.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, that price wasn't bad at all. And no one gets ripped off if they see a price for an item, willingly pay that price, and receive the item as advertised.

10 minutes ago, MCChris said:

Yeah, that price wasn't bad at all. And no one gets ripped off if they see a price for an item, willingly pay that price, and receive the item as advertised.

I didn't think so given how nice it looks, quality builder, etc. Hopefully it shows up with no issues.

Archived