Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: Daytona Unicorn sighting

1 hour ago, cynic said:

The skeptic in me wonders how one might confirm it's a Hamer body.

The way to tell would be the recessed Dunlop straplock work, if the original neck pocket hasn't been routed to accept the squared heel (Tele style) neck, and if the shielding paint is the nickel based gray or pinkish kind, expertly applied.

12 hours ago, cynic said:

The skeptic in me wonders how one might confirm it's a Hamer body.

The skeptic in my wonders why they didn't have the pick guard and the bridge fit better.
I find it odd that the boys at Hamer would leave this as "Good enough."

xooyz3hiefmfcyg5oucc.jpg

34 minutes ago, kizanski said:

...I find it odd that the boys at Hamer would leave this as "Good enough."....

They copied Gibson even on their Fender copies?

13 hours ago, cmatthes said:

The way to tell would be the recessed Dunlop straplock work, if the original neck pocket hasn't been routed to accept the squared heel (Tele style) neck, and if the shielding paint is the nickel based gray or pinkish kind, expertly applied.

This looks like a Schaller strap lock button.  Someone may have switched out strap locks. 

odvwxzsobrqrry2mvrq5.jpg

zrp3r0lcxcyiocpkvloo.jpg

Given Hamer's typical attention to detail, it does seem out of character that they'd leave that gap and not re-cut the pickguard to fit properly.

49 minutes ago, kizanski said:

Why is it obvious?

Placement of the gaurd holes to the screw holes. Left screw in bridge pictures is to one side of the hole, neck pictures right screw is to the side of the hole, and that screw nearest to the tone knob looks further toward the knob. 96 they were further out, i've changed them out with nos guards and at some point hamer moved that hole out to be away from the cavity route. I'm guessing 96. The big give away would be if the guard was filed away to except the strat guard with a Tele Heel. I never leave anything alone, I just found some of this stuff when I took the 4 that I had apart. I'd put Money on it that that is a strat plus guard fitted on a Hamer Daytona. 

2 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

Placement of the gaurd holes to the screw holes. Left screw in bridge pictures is to one side of the hole, neck pictures right screw is to the side of the hole, and that screw nearest to the tone knob looks further toward the knob. 96 they were further out, i've changed them out with nos guards and at some point hamer moved that hole out to be away from the cavity route. I'm guessing 96. The big give away would be if the guard was filed away to except the strat guard with a Tele Heel. I never leave anything alone, I just found some of this stuff when I took the 4 that I had apart. I'd put Money on it that that is a strat plus guard fitted on a Hamer Daytona. 

Yeah ok, but why else? 

20 minutes ago, kizanski said:

Yeah ok, but why else? 

I've got nothing, because photobucket  has ruined the thread. A member here has a blue hardtail with matching headstock and I do believe the guard fit around the bridge is different. 

Here are a couple "with Trem" guards on Daytonas:

DaytonaGotohVSVG.jpg

DaytonaorigVSVG.jpg

1 hour ago, ptm1diver said:

Did Hamer use Fender Lace Sensor pickups ?

Never.  Those are totally aftermarket.

On 1/10/2018 at 8:14 AM, kizanski said:

The skeptic in my wonders why they didn't have the pick guard and the bridge fit better.
I find it odd that the boys at Hamer would leave this as "Good enough."

xooyz3hiefmfcyg5oucc.jpg

On 1/10/2018 at 2:50 PM, cmatthes said:

DaytonaorigVSVG.jpg

On 1/10/2018 at 8:43 AM, bubs_42 said:

Obvious not OEM Guard. 

Agreed.  Judging from not the bridge (I don't have no idea if the hardtail bridge is positioned exactly as the trem) but the screw position relative the trem inset, that's definitely from a different template.  Will be interesting to check a Fender guard when I get home... 

ETA: yep, the Fenders look just like the Hamers (bridge inset relative the treble side screw position).  Interesting.

Archived