Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Doug Pinnick

DaveH

3 hours ago, Dasein said:

Hey Dave -- it's cool okay? -- people can have tangential dispassionate discussion without upsetting or intending to upset anyone and without derailing a thread - I'm not upset in the slightest - I actually enjoyed the thread itself. What derails threads is the  getting upset part. It's all for fun and interest as we expand and explore this great big world of music & life.  For me this would open up a great discussion on the question of how does an aging rocker promote his new band in video these days - questions of what the market is/isn't -- how Doug understands that market etc.... but we don't have to go there if it's going to upset you - not intended by me at all.

We'll said, and no offense to anyone. I love the way the Hamer fan club message threads meander a little bit... Kinda like people just thinking out loud in a way. It's all about letting your ideas stand on their own and not letting things get personal. 

I love King's X and all the guys' numerous solo projects. If the world were fair, and unicorns blew cotton candy out their bleached, but previously chocolate, starfish, they'd be richer in many ways, no matter the measure of success.

7 hours ago, Dasein said:

Not digging the video though I like the conceit of burning bridges....

Drunken abusive asshole throws his woman around -- this is not their first rodeo together. Looks like the money and blow has been flowing for these two for a while.

So she's finally had enough (of the good times and the bad I presume) and she decides this is it...

So instead of leaving and taking responsibility for the choices she made living and being in that relationship in the first place by walking out clean and not looking back....

She basically steals from him -- money, mementos, guitar, and car.....

So she's "burned her bridge" I guess.... no more coke for her if she comes crawling back when her nose starts getting hungry

But what she's actually done is GTA, Grand larceny, CC-Fraud, destruction of property... you list the felonies.

Plus it looks like she's decided to replace the trashy drunken guy for a trashy drunken girl from the bar

This is female empowerment?

How about this for a message --- You make choices -- own 'em.... you can make new choices anytime but the echo and consequences of our initial choices are real and can be sticky...

This whole video smells like HEP C.

My video would be... She walks out the door -- moves to a new city, get's a job - maybe a little education, works on self improvement and gets a little therapy too trying to figure out why she's choosing these kinds of guys. Maybe she deals with her substance abuse issues as well.  Basically instead of burning a bridge backwards she builds towards a better future. Maybe at some point she meets a guy or a girl and they form a stable pair bond together and after several years of stability they make the decision to raise a kids or two.... and while those kids grow up they are raised in a stable environment, and through the example modeled by their parents, learn to avoid all the mistakes she made as a young woman (because they wont be driven by the same kind of dysfunction that she obviously came from)......

Yeah! Happy Joy!

Plus the black pickups on that Les Paul looked terrible

Great observations, but the HEP-C line slayed me!

19 hours ago, Dasein said:

Not digging the video though I like the conceit of burning bridges....

Drunken abusive asshole throws his woman around -- this is not their first rodeo together. Looks like the money and blow has been flowing for these two for a while.

So she's finally had enough (of the good times and the bad I presume) and she decides this is it...

So instead of leaving and taking responsibility for the choices she made living and being in that relationship in the first place by walking out clean and not looking back....

She basically steals from him -- money, mementos, guitar, and car.....

So she's "burned her bridge" I guess.... no more coke for her if she comes crawling back when her nose starts getting hungry

But what she's actually done is GTA, Grand larceny, CC-Fraud, destruction of property... you list the felonies.

Plus it looks like she's decided to replace the trashy drunken guy for a trashy drunken girl from the bar

This is female empowerment?

How about this for a message --- You make choices -- own 'em.... you can make new choices anytime but the echo and consequences of our initial choices are real and can be sticky...

This whole video smells like HEP C.

Sounds like you are talking about my neighbor. 

While watching it I was thinking, "This whole video needs a good washing."
Coincidentally, that is what I said while strolling down Boubon Street with @Jeff R and @edgar_allan_poe in late August, 2005: "This place could use a good washing!"
Next thing you know... Katrina!

3 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

So  don’t leave us all in anticipation, which taste better, freshwater starfish or the  salted chocolate version of starfish? 

You are going to have to decide that for your self. 

Archived