Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Mark Tremonti tearing up the vocals. Something else he can do that Scott Stapp can't. I really like this song which means none of you will, LOL

4 minutes ago, Studio Custom said:

I would not have recognized him with hair!

mark-tremonti.jpg

So he shaved his head when he was with Creed? I didn't even know he was in Creed until I discovered Alter Bridge around 7 years ago. 

Love AB and Tremonti's playing. His singing is very passionate in this version though, I prefer the more polished version on the album. This is album prolly gets the most play time on my iPod/iPhone.

1 hour ago, diablo175 said:

Love AB and Tremonti's playing. His singing is very passionate in this version though, I prefer the more polished version on the album. This is album prolly gets the most play time on my iPod/iPhone.

I like the studio version quite a bit too. I love live music in most cases more than the studio. I like that Mark is getting more comfortable in his vocals and is able to use more compression now as in this example. As for his guitar playing, most of the time his solos sound like he is trying to get in as many notes as he can whereas Gilmour lets the moments between notes speak for themselves. A little more thought on Mark's part would go a long way in his solos. IMFO. But he is fast, that's for sure. 

ETA: I may try this song for my 2016 challenge. :huh:

1 hour ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

As for his guitar playing, most of the time his solos sound like he is trying to get in as many notes as he can whereas Gilmour lets the moments between notes speak for themselves. A little more thought on Mark's part would go a long way in his solos. IMFO. But he is fast, that's for sure. 

ETA: I may try this song for my 2016 challenge. :huh:

His speed is appropriate but isn't all that impressive, honestly,  For me, it's more about his interesting grouping of notes and phrases. It's not your usual run-of -the -mill scalar, triplet or swept schlock. There's some truly tasty stuff in there.

4 minutes ago, diablo175 said:

His speed is appropriate but isn't all that impressive, honestly,  For me, it's more about his interesting grouping of notes and phrases. It's not your usual run-of -the -mill scalar, triplet or swept schlock. There's some truly tasty stuff in there.

The lead in this song is one of his better. IMO. His runs probably make more sense to you than me. Or maybe it's just my tastes. I like this one because he seems to be playing over the chords more and the last fast run is tasteful too. Sometimes he just gets on my nerves when he seems to be playing filler. And a lot of it. 

5 hours ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

By the way, has anyone noticed this is a Waltz?

Depends on how you want to count it, but generally in rock, you count the snare hits (backbeat) as 2 and 4, so personally I'd say its 4/4 with a triplet feel.  If it was a waltz, there would be an accent on every downbeat as the one is stressed and not the backbeat.  Different kind of syncopation.  Counting the OP in 3, you alternate between having the kick on one and the snare on one.  

Waltzes with modern instrumentation have the kick on one and the snare/backbeat on three.  For instance:

11 hours ago, LucSulla said:

Depends on how you want to count it, but generally in rock, you count the snare hits (backbeat) as 2 and 4, so personally I'd say its 4/4 with a triplet feel.  If it was a waltz, there would be an accent on every downbeat as the one is stressed and not the backbeat.  Different kind of syncopation.  Counting the OP in 3, you alternate between having the kick on one and the snare on one.  

Waltzes with modern instrumentation have the kick on one and the snare/backbeat on three.  For instance:

Could it be 6/8?

5 hours ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

Could it be 6/8?

That's the way I'd probably count it if I were in the band.  The drummer I played with for years would usually still count it as 4.  Really, as long as the band is accenting the right beat and on time, it's all just a means to an end. 

1 hour ago, RobB said:

That sig model is the ugliest thing I’ve seen in a while. Yuk. 

Sometimes it makes me wonder if sometimes these guys do this stuff to see how far the manufacturer will go.  Kind of like the Zakk Wylde stuff.  

Archived