Hamer Fan Club Message Center
Sign in to follow this  
LucSulla

Irrationalities

30 minutes ago, Ua D said:

This was USACG neck and a warmoth body (both made in Washington) with a warmoth pickguard. It's been a lot cheaper than a USA Charvel, but the resale would be crap also. There is something it be said for buying name brand guitar you can sell easy if you don't mesh with it 

Resale is a major concern.  I think it would be really fun to by some Warmoth parts and build something, but then I know I'm kind stuck with it from then on.  The other thing is I know jack shit about who makes good necks.  I know Warmoth isn't the only game in town, but I wouldn't know where else to look. 

This gets into another irrationality of mine.  I'd like to try to build a partscaster just to do it for fun.  I know part of the reason I buy and flip so many guitars is really partially because I enjoy "the hunt" and also because it's a kind of tinkering.  A partscaster would probably suck up that tinkering itch.  However, rather than looking for some good MIM or MIJ parts, I only want USA, which is dumb because it is just a project guitar.  That pushes the price up, and blah blah blah. 

Hardtail goldtop Californian. 

Ludicrously irrelevant to my interests, requirements, sense of style, and general existence. 

But would buy one in a heartbeat, if they existed. 

Gold sparkle, too. 

Edited by Kalessin

7 hours ago, LucSulla said:

Resale is a major concern.  I think it would be really fun to by some Warmoth parts and build something, but then I know I'm kind stuck with it from then on.  The other thing is I know jack shit about who makes good necks.  I know Warmoth isn't the only game in town, but I wouldn't know where else to look.

https://musikraft.com/index.php  Because Enabling-Я-Us.  Also, people like the Allparts necks, at least for -caster applications.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If I were rational I wouldn't play in a band.

If I were sensible, I'd buy a Mexican Tele and not ever have GAS, 'cos it does what an electric guitar should

If I were lucid, I'd have a couple players and once nice "'cos it's sexy" guitar as an indulgence

I have 11 guitars.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, polara said:

If I were rational I wouldn't play in a band.

If I were sensible, I'd buy a Mexican Tele and not ever have GAS, 'cos it does what an electric guitar should

If I were lucid, I'd have a couple players and once nice "'cos it's sexy" guitar as an indulgence

I have 11 guitars.

I have a few players and a really nice guitar.   That kind of thinking is overrated.