Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FS- 82 Vector with Sustain Block

Hey Fellas,

Up for grabs is an 82 Sustain Block Vector.

Its all original. I would be too tempted to modify it, so I’m gonna sell this and modify something else.

Asking $1300 shipped and PP’d. If you’re HFC and have an offer, please let me know.

Will ship in the Gibson case that came with it (to me). My email is thegeoffhartwellband @ yahoo.com

Thanks,

:)

Geoff

01F2CD42-76A0-48BC-95CF-BDB53730D3B8.jpeg

A few more inquiries, wanted to address simple questions on here:

-This is about the best in all regards that I’ve found from the period.

-I was very happy to be a Hamer endorsing artist and they made some amazing custom orders for me, but I fell in love with the stock ones. It took me a while to find one of this ilk and in such good shape. It’s a great instrument but I’ve rarely taken it out of the house since it came to me. The only interesting gig I used this one on was with Dave Bickler (of Survivor fame).

-The 80s Vector came with a Sustain Block bridge- a sought after original bridge that was designed for girth and tone. Standard electronics are two humbuckers, two volume knobs, one tone control and a 3 way pickup selector. 

-The most common physical mod was installing a tremolo system, the kahler being the worst offender because it took the most wood out of the original guitar. I would never do that to any guitar, haha.

-The most common electrical mod is to address the stock middle position. Some came wired with a strong bridge and neck position setting, and in the middle has the out of phase “Peter Green” style setting. This is really cool when you adjust the individual volume controls to get various balances for tone. Since I would be tempted to tinker with this, as far as messing with the capacitors and harness, I am going to sell it on.

—————————————————

To Whoever is interested: I would only ask that, in the event you were to sell it in the future, you would post on the HFC first to at least give the rest of us nerds a chance, haha. Who knows if I might want to buy it back later on :) 

—————————————————

Paging The Experts: I would love to have some help from the experts about 80s Vectors - how many Vectors were made in 82? How many original red finish? - owners? Statisticians? HamStd? Serial...?

I’ve owned several stock Vectors with the paddle-like headstock and sustainblock bridges, and all of them were awesome in every aspect. Never had a red one though.

BTW, I regret selling two of them specially —a white one from 1982 and a blueburst from 1984. The one from 1982 had a comfy neck, on the thin side, but not excessively skinny; the one from 1984 had the best Hamer neck I’ve ever played, quite chunky and round. I particularly miss the later.

Good luck with the sale, Geoff!

Archived