Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Just pre-ordered one just like this...

The Shark

Do I spy with my lazy eye (amblyopia) counterfeit Fender decals on the headstock?   Shark, please be advised that you are willingly engaging in a conspiracy to violate copyrights of the Fender Musical Instruments Inc.  You will probably be receiving one scary cease and desist letter from Fender's attorneys suitable for framing. 
The accommodations at many Federal Correctional Institutions have improved substantially in the last few decades however the inmate population remains rather uncivilized and surly.  We wish you the best.  

All that being said that is gonna be one seriously righteous, butt kickin' axe!:D        Cheers!

caddie 

13 hours ago, cmatthes said:

That's pretty cool!

Understatement of the year. :lol:  (only 16 days in to the New Year so far).

Like the vintage blonde colour, like the F-hole, like the 8-hole plain white pickguard.

The only thing I'd like to see different is the colour of the pickups and knobs, I'd prefer some more cream colour.

But definitely a great lookin' guitar!

If you have it, please tell us how it sounds.

Gabe :)

12 hours ago, crunchee said:

Nice!  But I always thought that Strats were already kinda semi-hollow because of the trem route...I wonder how much wood Fender took out, or left in?

Significant hollow chambers on both sides of the center-block.  Interview on Sweetwater with Eric is pretty good.  He says it has the tonal characteristics of a ES-335, but sounds like a Strat.  I'm really curious to hear it.  If it sounds just like a regular Strat, I'll probably keep it just cuz it looks cool!

They also have these hollow body f-hole strat bodies for sale at USACG. I never noticed them before, so others may have them as well.

11 hours ago, Lockbody said:

It's pretty neat, but I think something other than a F-hole would have been cooler, though.

how bout 3 holes

post-6978-0-61238200-1326491347.jpg

all pics courtesy of wamoth

would a strat vs strat hollowed out with an f-hole

onepiece_swampash.jpgcBBSL-Strat.jpg

have a similar difference as Tele vs Tele Thinline

tele_standard_controlroute_2.jpgcBBSL-Tele.jpg

eh?

caddie

Sort of off topic, but it's so weird that the Austin music scene produced Johnson and SRV around the same time (I know Stevie is originally from Dallas).  They were born within two months of each other and playing around at the same time. 

What an interesting time to have been running around that scene.  Walk into one bar and see Stevie; walk across the street and see Eric.  

Anyway, cool guitar!

On 1/15/2018 at 1:13 PM, The Shark said:

New Eric Johnson Signature Semi-Hollow.  New album Collage is killer.  Seeing him in February at the Plaza in Orlando.  Guitar will arrive in late March. 

What happens if you don't like the one you order? Can you try another, or will they refund your deposit?

7 hours ago, RobB said:

What happens if you don't like the one you order? Can you try another, or will they refund your deposit?

With Sweetwater, you can send anything back.  They'll send you another.  But I'm pretty good at setting up Strats, so it should be fine.  I already know I like the solid models (I've had four or five).  No worries.

On 1/18/2018 at 2:40 AM, Sam said:

I have a Cole Clark Hollowbaby that looks very similar in construction. Has a wonderfully 3D tone that's full of harmonics - you're in for a treat.  

DXtLBxH.jpg

Is that a picture of a baby in the f-hole?

Archived