Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Just pre-ordered one just like this...

The Shark

• 2 months later...
On 1/16/2018 at 7:36 AM, Steve Haynie said:

If Eric plays this new Strat on the upcoming tour it will change his tone to something different than what was heard on Ah Via Musicom, so when he plays that album it will not truly be authentic.  You know the Eric Johnson can hear the difference.   

I just watched a PG rig rundown yesterday with EJ.  He took a refinished '56 Strat with a normal solid body along on tour for the "Ah Via Musicom" stuff.  You should see what he did to his Echoplex.

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:14 PM, RobB said:

Did you take delivery yet?

Yes.  It came a couple days after the concert in Orlando.  The show was great, but Eric was sick.  They didn't play a couple of songs off the new album, but it was a great show.  He played the new signature the entire show except for the acoustic stuff and two songs with a Tele.  The guitar is really great, but it came with the bridge out of whack.  The radius of the strings needed some adjusting and I took two of the springs out.  Now, it's perfect...

I hope you really dig it,  it a semi-Hollow Strat does nothing for me....EJ said is his latest rig rundown that the idea was to be able to replicate the 335 he used then, or at least approach that vibe with the hollowed out Strat. I’llnbet It does sound good.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-01-16 at 4:15 AM, bubs_42 said:

I'm will be seeing Eric in March. I love his Signature Strat, as well as the cool colors he picked for them. 

Agreed, bubs. The best strat I’ve ever played or owned is my blonde translucent 2012 EJ Sig. This thing is just perfect. 

On 1/25/2018 at 10:03 PM, redline said:

People should eat more red meat so they can play a guitar that isn't hollowed-out. 

If your Strat-type guitar has a universal (swimming pool) rout (such as a John Suhr or G&L), then it's semi-hollow anyway:

101589-3e4da8b0e6e36c2badde7a22f4e69ff9.

55 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

If your Strat-type guitar has a universal (swimming pool) rout (such as a John Suhr or G&L), then it's semi-hollow anyway:

101589-3e4da8b0e6e36c2badde7a22f4e69ff9.

That looks kind of familiar...as would anything to a dingus with a 3 story project pile!!  

Vintage, AND 2 point, and both in a Kiz-recommended 3lb weight. :D

I still dig the F-Hole in the EJ models.  Will have to check one of those out!

StratTron RTP 030218.jpg

StratTron 2 raw 030818.jpg

G&L used to offer a semi-hollow Legacy (their Strat type), but it's not on their website so they must have dropped it. There are still some floating around.

GL_US_LGCY_SH_LMNDRP-1200.jpg

Occasionally some show up on Reverb.com.

Archived