Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Stratocaster Pron Needed.

bubs_42

So, i've started the process to sell two of my Telecaster to fund a Strat. I did up 3 Teles over 2017 and settle on one Tele that just does it for me and its the one that as close to "Traditional" as it gets. So 2018 is the year of the Stratocaster, so show me some Strat Love! 

2 hours ago, Lockbody said:

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0849.jpg

IMG_1680.jpg

IMG_2099.jpg

Gee, someone came out swinging for the fence. The first two are pretty killer, I doubt I would turn away the pink one either. Black on Black Hardtail, hope that doesn't have a Large Headstock. 

21 minutes ago, RobB said:

What’s the deal with the Jeff Beck sig? New pickguard?

It’s pickguard from the black Double Fat Strat, and the JB’s pickups and control are in it with a black pickguard. 

It didn’t last like that, but it’s fun to swap things around. 

My '74 (or '75, I can't tell):

100_4946.JPG

The (in)Famous Steve Swadley Skateboard guitar:

DSCN1626_zps7124a548.jpg

This thing has been busted up and pinned and glued so many times and is one THE best playing and sounding Strats I've ever held. It's a beast. ETA: Those are caster plates (duh - Stratocaster) screwed on there. He pops the casters in there and rides it like a skateboard - on stage. The first time I saw it was 40 years ago and he's still doing it. That poor old guitar is nothing but bumps and bruises and wears 'em all proudly. And Steve is nuts, too.

35 minutes ago, hamerhead said:

My '74 (or '75, I can't tell):

100_4946.JPG

The Famous Steve Swadley Skateboard guitar:

DSCN1626_zps7124a548.jpg

This thing has been busted up and pinned and glued so many times and is one THE best playing and sounding Strats I've ever held. It's a beast.

Wow, I dig them both. I've been leaning toward a Large Headstock Strat with a Rosewood Board. There is just something I can't put my finger on about the Large Headstocks, I think they add to the tone. I have pickups already picked out, I just need to move a few things and hit the road shopping. 

1 hour ago, gtrdaddy said:

Nice color. I would however say that George Fullerton had more to do with the designs of the Tele, Strat and P-Bass.

True. :-)  Probably should have said Fender's best. Ice Blue Metallic btw. 

3 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

Gee, someone came out swinging for the fence. The first two are pretty killer, I doubt I would turn away the pink one either. Black on Black Hardtail, hope that doesn't have a Large Headstock. 

Thanks! The purple one is probably one of my favorites ever, although I've had some good ones. It's currently got a neck Dimarzio Breed in the bridge so I can play with some of the amp sims I've bought recently (Dual Rec and Engl).

The 62RI was a great guitar, but I traded it for a Jazzmaster, which I wanted at the time.

Shell Pink AmStd pushed all my visual buttons, and sounded pretty good, but I don't know, it didn't have "it" for me.

I like hardtail Strats. A bridge singlecoil with a Tele baseplate can get you close to some Tele tones.

29 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

Wow, I dig them both. I've been leaning toward a Large Headstock Strat with a Rosewood Board. There is just something I can't put my finger on about the Large Headstocks, I think they add to the tone. I have pickups already picked out, I just need to move a few things and hit the road shopping. 

Large headstock Strats, you say? Hardtail?

IMG_0953.jpg

I did so much work refinishing the body, then couldn't stand the neck and the narrow nut-width. It was a shame, too, because there was an oooollllddddd Dimarzio FS-1 in the bridge, and it brought the rawk. The neck and middle were straight-up Band of Gypsies .

10 hours ago, Lockbody said:

Thanks! The purple one is probably one of my favorites ever, although I've had some good ones. It's currently got a neck Dimarzio Breed in the bridge so I can play with some of the amp sims I've bought recently (Dual Rec and Engl).

The 62RI was a great guitar, but I traded it for a Jazzmaster, which I wanted at the time.

Shell Pink AmStd pushed all my visual buttons, and sounded pretty good, but I don't know, it didn't have "it" for me.

I like hardtail Strats. A bridge singlecoil with a Tele baseplate can get you close to some Tele tones.

Large headstock Strats, you say? Hardtail?

IMG_0953.jpg

I did so much work refinishing the body, then couldn't stand the neck and the narrow nut-width. It was a shame, too, because there was an oooollllddddd Dimarzio FS-1 in the bridge, and it brought the rawk. The neck and middle were straight-up Band of Gypsies .

Man, it that had a rosewood board, i'd have wood. 

The FACKYO Melocaster (with synchronized meat press).

DSC_1757.jpg
DSC_1510.jpg

The FACKYO TOO Stratobird

IMG_0177.jpg

Recently refurbished and modified...

received_1331265856886035.jpg

received_1331261876886433.jpg

Selling this Melancon was a HUGE mistake!

DSCN9199.JPG

...as was selling my '59 slab board.

DSC_1782.JPG

There have been many others, but I don't have all fukkin' day.

Never been a Strat guy, but that hasn't stopped me from looking. Finally found a Freakin era Danocaster Hardtail. Why is it that the best guitars always seem to come in asthetics that I don't care for. Anyway the hardtail and the pickup in the bridge make this one sound more like a Tele which I prefer, never could gel with standard Strat bridge pickups.Pretty amazing guitar. 

oPAMhNI.jpg

1 hour ago, Lockbody said:

The one in the middle... :wub:

Thx.

It's a cool color called Ebony Frost.

I think Fender only offered it for a few years in the early 90's .

This guitar is a 1990 Strat Plus .

2 hours ago, shankyboy said:

Thanks Shankyboy.

The '79 Fender Antigua was the first "Real" guitar I got.

My dad took me to the music store so I could pick out a guitar.

The reason I picked this strat was because when it was new, the color was grayish and looked like shark skin to me, and I thought that was so cool.

The finish now looks goldish from all the exposure to smoke from playing in bars all those years.

Archived