Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Tell us your first concert, latest concert & next concert!

JimiH

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A "Big Bam" show, 1966. State coliseum in Montgomery, AL. Caravan show sponsored by WBAM Radio that included Herman's Hermits, the Animals, the Buckinghams, Sandy Posey, Jerry Lee Lewis, etc. IIRC (I went to two of those, which were held twice a year for several years, and over 50 years later I get the lineups mixed up).The Blues Magoos were at the other one that I attended, I think.

Latest: Styx @ the Oxford Performing Arts Center, last October

Next (as of now): Styx, REO Speedwagon, and Don Felder in Greenville SC early April.

1st

Iron Maiden / Scorpions / Girls school 

LATEST

Cheap Trick

NEXT

No more live shows for me unfortunately due to my health. I have been begging the wife to have my all time favorite guitar player come to the house for an acoustic jam but she thinks food is more important. Silly girl. 

Cheap Trick

Andy Timmons

Kings X

Cheap Trick

Ted Nugent with the Kentucky Headhunters  opening

Not sure....I hope Fleetwood Mac tours this year with Christine and Stevie.

Cheap Trick/UFO/some band I don't remember

Arcade Fire because I was visiting my friend in Memphis (he's involved with Sun Studio Sessions on PBS).  The band had come through and handed out some tix after they took the tour.  

Not sure, it's the ol' time demon.  

1st:

Kiss in Lakeland in December 1976.  The song "Shock Me" was born.  Act got shocked coming down the railing of the staircase and Detroit Rock City stopped abruptly.  The band started the setlist with the same song about ten minutes later.  Ace had a bandage on his head.  Uriah Heep opened up.  Ken Hensley was fantastic. 

Last:

Kansas at the Peabody Auditorium in Daytona Beach in 2017.  The last concert my friend Phil ever attended.  He had to leave early.  Passed just a few days later.  I've only seen a few concerts and played a few gigs in my life without Phil there. 

Next:

Eric Johnson on February 23rd at the Plaza Theatre in Orlando.  I used to see movies there in the 1970's.  Killer sound in that room.  He's playing the album A Via Musicom in it's entirety.  The aforementioned Kansas played Leftoverture all the way through in Daytona last year!  I've seen Eric three times.  I think this will be the best show yet!

1st: Queen w/Thin Lizzy (with Gary Moore on guitar) - Madison Square Garden - 2/5/77.
I was 10 years old. My dad took me.

Last: Tab Benoit w/Sonny Landreth - Mid City Lanes "Rock & Bowl" New Orleans - April, 2009.
Saw the above masters and met Kathleen Sebelius, then Governor of Kansas (A huge Tab Benoit fan). 
This capped off one of the best weeks of my life, hanging with @MCChris@Jeff R and @thecajunboy.
...oh... and The Victim was born.

Next?: I can't think of anyone I would leave the house to see anymore.

First (rock):  Pat Benatar, 1979

Last: AC/DC, 2016  (Next to last show for the Rock or Bust tour.  That was my memory but I had to look it up.  I can't believe I didn't go to a single concert in 2017.)

Next: no clue

Edited to add: just found out a few shows are coming that I am at least mildly interested in:

Anthrax, who I've never seen and would like to, but they're with Killswitch Engage and I know nothing about them.  May give them a listen and see if I can tolerate it.

Exodus, who I have never listened to and only know because everybody says they one of the next top thrash bands to the Big 4.

The Darkness - I saw them after their first or second album at the 9:30 Club in DC and thought they were great, but I'm not sure I want to drive 2 hours each way to the venue they're playing this time to see them again.

First:  Kiss, Dynasty tour, 1979, my Dad the trooper took me and a few friends.

Last: Slash solo tour w/Myles Kennedy on vocals, HOB NOLA, 2015. The bill was "Slash and The Conspirators featuring Myles Kennedy" or something like that but Von and I went to see MK and his backing band that happened to feature a notable guitarist. We were front row, Myles delivered the goods as expected, and Slash's stacks were apparently not stage dummies because not only did my ears ring for two straight days, my chest ached and my feet were numb from standing in one place for hours on end to hold our front row position. I'm getting too old for that shit.

Next: No clue here either.

Archived