Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Tell us your first concert, latest concert & next concert!

JimiH

First:  ACDC/UFO/Nazareth/Heart, 1979

Last:  I think it was Roger Waters' The Wall

Next:  None planned.  The only "current" bands I have any interest in going to see are Foo Fighters or Kid Rock.  I did see that Weezer is touring with Foo Fighters in NZ - THAT would be a cool show....

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first concert was KISS. Uriah Sleep opened for them. I believe the date was December 12, 1976. It's the concert where they had the metal stairs. Ace was up there during the opening number, Detroit Rock City, and he got shocked and went down on his back, unconscious. Ace was supposed to play the beginning of the first solo and Paul was looking around for him only to see the roadies dragging him and his guitar off stage. Paul tried to cover as best he could and at the end of the song the arena lights came on and I thought my first concert was over. About 20 minutes later someone came onstage and said Ace was getting all juiced up and will be back shortly. The concert was great.

The last concert I went to was with Brandon. It was January 30, 2016. The day after Joel would have turned 25. We went to The Florida Metal Fest to see Corrosion of Conformity. We snuck into the green room and met and shook hands with my original Guitar Hero, Pepper James Keenan. 

IMG_0525.JPG

The next concert is going to be January 26, 2018. We are going to see CoC again and Zakk Wylde at my favorite venue, Janus Live in St. Pete. 3 days before Joel would have been 27. Hard to imagine. 

11 minutes ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

My first concert was KISS. Uriah Sleep opened for them. I believe the date was December 12, 1976. It's the concert where they had the metal stairs. Ace was up there during the opening number, Detroit Rock City, and he got shocked and went down on his back, unconscious. Ace was supposed to play the beginning of the first solo and Paul was looking around for him only to see the roadies dragging him and his guitar off stage. Paul tried to cover as best he could and at the end of the song the arena lights came on and I thought my first concert was over. About 20 minutes later someone came onstage and said Ace was getting all juiced up and will be back shortly. The concert was great.

So, you and Rausch were at the same concert and it was the first for both of you?  That's just freaky.  

4 minutes ago, kizanski said:

So, you and Rausch were at the same concert and it was the first for both of you?  That's just freaky.  

Yeah, he and I have been to several "together". Lakeland Civic Center was the premier place back in the '70s. Too bad the later city commissioners weren't visionaries. 

8 hours ago, Cary said:

I did see that Weezer is touring with Foo Fighters in NZ - THAT would be a cool show....

A few years ago, we got to see Foo Fighters twice on the same tour with Weezer and Franz Ferdinand.  Foo was the clear headliner, but Weezer made them earn every bit of it.

First concert was Grand Funk Railroad with none other than Freddie King opening.  Hara Arena in Dayton, Ohio.   Last concert was Jeff Beck and ZZ Top at the St. Augustine Ampitheater.  Next one, who knows?  It takes a special performer to get me to buy a ticket these days.  I’m old.  Now you kids get off of my lawn!

Might have been Cheap Trick / John Waite at my brother’s college in 85; might have been Heart and... John Parr (had to look him up.  st. Elmo’s Fire song guy.) at Worcester Centrum, same time frame.  Wait.  I asked a girl I had met at the Cheap Trick show (friend of a friend’s girlfriend) to go to Heart with me, so there you go.  Cheap Trick for the win.

most recent might have been Van Halen with Roth a few years ago. It was a corporate thing and they all blur together.  I generally skip the concert nights.  Too tired and uninterested.

future? No plans.

19 hours ago, cmatthes said:

A few years ago, we got to see Foo Fighters twice on the same tour with Weezer and Franz Ferdinand.  Foo was the clear headliner, but Weezer made them earn every bit of it.

Don't you see the Foo every weekend or so? B)

4 minutes ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

Don't you see the Foo every weekend or so? B)

Nah.  They're not on the road that much!  In all honesty, my son is a HUGE fan, and going to those shows has always been a fun family thing for us.

45 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

Nah.  They're not on the road that much!  In all honesty, my son is a HUGE fan, and going to those shows has always been a fun family thing for us.

You're lucky your son doesn't like Gojira, lol. 

Archived