Hamer Fan Club Message Center

guitar wall hangers

I use the Hercules hangers.  Safe, durable and they hang easily.

My shop's display wall has eight of 'em and I love them. Highly, highly recommended. Kiz recommended them to me - I think he has a wall covered with them as well.

I've used String Swings for years. Although I like the Hercules ones a little better, I'm not going to swap them out. Most are installed directly in the drywall with no beam and I've never had an issue. The Zip-it drywall anchors are very stable, at least for the 5 years I've had them installed. There's no evidence of instability, cracking or anything else that would indicate an issue. Before anyone tries to beat me up, I certainly realize anchoring them in some way to a beam is far safer and that I'm taking a risk. 

CC01K.jpg

54 minutes ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

They say you can use those plastic inserts into drywall but I'm not going to take a chance.

Yeah, I only once put an acoustic in the drywall.  It didn't fall but once when I picked it up, the top screw was coming loose.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/17/2018 at 11:19 AM, Jeff R said:

My shop's display wall has eight of 'em and I love them. Highly, highly recommended. Kiz recommended them to me - I think he has a wall covered with them as well.

Any excuse to post this picture again.  It makes me happy.
Locking Hercules hangers is the only way to go.
The walls are sheet rock over plywood, so no need to search for studs...

20150926_165910-PANO.jpg

I've since put the Explorer-shaped guitars on the opposite wall.
No guitar stands allowed.

3 for $12 on Amazon - hard to go wrong.  I've bought 10 over the years and never bothered to look at the manufacturer - they all work great 20 years going.

This was from Amazon:

DSCN6267_zpsvhxtjv9d.jpgDSCN6266_zpsjvad8cla.jpgDSCN6268_zpsa5jjyahm.jpg

I may have over-tightened this one because the rest haven't cracked, but I do now check them periodically. Any new ones will be Hercules.

DSCN5530_zpszvvevzwp.jpg

Kicking myself for throwing away that chipboard case now! 

15 hours ago, hamerhead said:

This was from Amazon:

DSCN6267_zpsvhxtjv9d.jpgDSCN6266_zpsjvad8cla.jpgDSCN6268_zpsa5jjyahm.jpg

I may have over-tightened this one because the rest haven't cracked, but I do now check them periodically. Any new ones will be Hercules.

DSCN5530_zpszvvevzwp.jpg

Yeah, the case shelf was a bittersweet gift from my wife, as in "Did she really? Um....no she didn't". But I smiled through the tears and said thank you just the same.

Archived