Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Def Leppard released today

Disturber

Their whole catalog out on digital platforms today. The band has been keeping it away from digital download and streaming as they could not agree to the low royalty from these sources from their label. Guess they have renegotiated.

Steve Clark. What a bad ass player, songwriter and performer. I'm not in to much of what they did after he passed. Look at this live clip:

4 hours ago, Disturber said:

Steve Clark. What a bad ass player, songwriter and performer. I'm not in to much of what they did after he passed. Look at this live clip:

Steve Clark's death was the end of Def Leppard in my opinion. 

I saw them on the High 'n Dry tour, original lineup with Pete Willis. HnD is my favorite album from them, more refined than On Through The Night (although that's a good one too!). Pyromania was good, but after that they lost me for the most part.

21 minutes ago, DaveH said:

I saw them on the High 'n Dry tour, original lineup with Pete Willis. HnD is my favorite album from them, more refined than On Through The Night (although that's a good one too!). Pyromania was good, but after that they lost me for the most part.

Exactly my sentiments.

8 hours ago, DaveH said:

I like Hysteria too. It was such a pioneering album at the time, both production wise and how it sounded. Even today it sounds fresh, when most other 80s stuff from that era sounds very dated. Max Martin, the Swedish super producer (who excelled Mutt Langes success x 10) picked up so much from that album. Listen to Brittney Spears break through hits, and Backstreet Boys biggest 90's hits. They sound like Hysteria, and the arrangements are so similar. This album was the mold for the 90's boyband and girl pop. How strangs it might seem. The only difference is that it was done with a lot more elbow grease and sweat (I was about to ad "hard work" but I think Max works just as hard), and no Pro Tools. 

Steve Clark had the coolest guitars of the era (and Robin Crosby). No super strats. So much cooler that Phil Collen, any day of the week. I'd even consider a Kahlered Firebird, just to be as cool as Steve. This is cool, and he made the Firebird pickups sound awesome in an 80s Glam Metal Band. Who else could do that?

e6f0fc86f21216055965427f428e4414--firebi

On 1/20/2018 at 4:47 AM, Disturber said:

Listen to Brittney Spears break through hits, and Backstreet Boys biggest 90's hits. They sound like Hysteria, and the arrangements are so similar. This album was the mold for the 90's boyband and girl pop.

You say that as if it was a positive development.... 😆

Totally agree about Steve. He was pure rock. 

9 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

Could he have worn that guitar sling any lower??? 

He was like the biggest Jimmy Page fan ever. How to pay tribute? Hang your Les Paul even lower. :D

Archived