Hamer Fan Club Message Center

"Ultra rare" sunburst in Germany....

To spare you the google translator: Text says "I did magic on this guitar, butchered it more or less and added some to my taste, and then some more, and this make this guitar unique and extremely valuablablabla"...

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Hamer-Sunburst-Gitarre-ca-1980/132478127399?hash=item1ed84fcd27:g:KI8AAOSw1RVaZIYD

No affiliation of course...

He should have saved the money and bought a Washburn Falcon for $350.00 "ULTRA RARE" ? well yeah.......... its the only one and that is as they say  a good thing.

Got me thinking of that Studio with a new neck that someone was trying to sell for 2000 Euros plus at the Hamer Facebook page the other day. It looked like shit too. What are people thinking. 

Whatever had been the reason to rework the guitar, apart from the pricing and personal taste, there is nothing to argue about the wood works IMO. He says, the original Sunburst it had been had no serial number. Is that serious?

1 hour ago, gorch said:

Whatever had been the reason to rework the guitar, apart from the pricing and personal taste, there is nothing to argue about the wood works IMO. He says, the original Sunburst it had been had no serial number. Is that serious?

Agree - someone spent a LOT of money on re-topping this thing apparently.  The headstock needs a 'real' logo, but that veneer work isn't too shabby.  I've seen worse.

2 minutes ago, kizanski said:

Then somebody got ripped off.

Possibly, but the birdseye string in the middle and the double-cut probably took some work....

6 minutes ago, Never2Late said:

Possibly, but the birdseye string in the middle and the double-cut probably took some work....

Sorry, I just don't see "a LOT of money" there.

1 minute ago, kizanski said:

Sorry, I just don't see "a LOT of money" there.

Depends on the luthier, and how much of it he did by-hand I would guess.....what is the price of this thing in US currency?

2 hours ago, Never2Late said:

what is the price of this thing in US currency?

Far more than the Euro value plus shipping. Since it originally has been a Sunburst you may safe import tax for the home run of this one.

13 hours ago, JochenP said:

I am very sad to see a (may be) great sunburst die...

RIP

It's still 'there', if you don't like the existing top, you can put a more-OEM top on as you wish....it's only money.  You'd be doing the same thing if somebody routed it out for a Floyd, and you wanted to 'fix' it....

10 hours ago, Never2Late said:

It's still 'there', if you don't like the existing top, you can put a more-OEM top on as you wish....it's only money.  You'd be doing the same thing if somebody routed it out for a Floyd, and you wanted to 'fix' it....

Mhhh.. I am not Jesus who could make dead man walking... ;)

i.m.o. : It never would be a "real" Hamer again.

For all of you "do it yourselfer" here is an other piece of Hamer firewood to fix : 

https://www.ebay.de/itm/80s-HAMER-SCARAB-made-in-USA/122924668477?hash=item1c9ee1963d:g:aMgAAOSwkNpaY57n

8 hours ago, JochenP said:

Mhhh.. I am not Jesus who could make dead man walking... ;)

i.m.o. : It never would be a "real" Hamer again.

We already have 'that guy' - his name is Greg Platzer down at BCR Guitars in Lemoyne, PA.

Somebody here re-topped a 4-Digit Standard after some moron routed the top for a Floyd/Kahler.....Hamers get re-finished all the time.  Paint fades/scuffs/scratches, clearcoat turns yellow, wood gets dinged-up to all hell.....nothing to get excited about.  If you re-fret a neck due to play wear, or swap-out OEM pups for something else, is it 'original' anymore?  NO....where do you draw the line?

On ‎22‎-‎1‎-‎2018 at 5:07 PM, gorch said:

My 1978 Sunburst has a serial number......the experts here could even tell me mine was probably made (very) late 1978.

Archived