Hamer Fan Club Message Center
Sign in to follow this  
bubs_42

#70 The official thread. ;) NOW WITH PICTURES!

20 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

I'm working late tonight, so thanks for the pictures! I plan on firing this up asap tonight through my 3 monkeys Sock Monkey 18! 

Better keep an eye on that thing. Those primates have me walking funny today...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, specialk said:

4DB0D26F-C997-4349-8C58-40A82F28C49B.jpeg

Gorgeous! And I don't use that word lightly. 

No kidding.  "Smoke burst!"

• Like 3

If the guitar wasn't enough, I decided to open the accessory compartment last night and WOW look what I found. ;) 

XGe6V1O.jpg

I have already started wearing out the first pic. Love the color choices and the feel of glow in the dark pics. 

erUGsJ1.jpg

Them there are working man hands. ;) 

One more thing, some tweaking an adjusting of the pickups and Josh's Pups have really come to life. If you guys want that P90 tone in a humbucker size don't hesitate. 

Edited by bubs_42
  • Like 5

Fridge magnets?!?!?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Fridge magnets?!?!?!

No those are sticker too. LOL when you asked the questions and I looked at my picture I though WHAT A GREAT IDEA! 

Congratu-friggin-lations on number 70!

Awesome concept, execution, and love the smoke-burst!

Live without a net! One man, one guitar, one night and it was awesome! If your a semi-hollow guy you know they have a natural overdrive to them that will push an amp. So all night I used my Od pedal 2 times for the 90's songs for just a little grind. The Wolf and Gypsie Band were very gracious and plan to hook us up with more shows down the line. Brian our band leader and guitarist for W&G along with Danny the other guitarist from the W&G are some of nicest guys that i've met over the years in Peoria. They are gear heads and we are able to just talk and hang its great. I handed Danny my Shishkov and in turn he handed me his 63 Strat that was warn in the real way. 

HxC2LZW.jpg

Z9mEyTz.jpg

11MBXYQ.jpg

• Like 10

On 2/4/2018 at 11:14 AM, veatch said:

Amy insight on the "chambering"?  How hollow is semi hollow?

If you go back to the Semi-Hollow Thread, you can see that Mike has carved the top inside as well as outside and routed the the body across the top and slightly around and down the behind the bridge. I'm guessing its is similar to later model artist. I had no feedback issues what so ever, I just stepped back toward the amp when I wanted to hold the note for infinity into controlled feedback. 

Edited by bubs_42
  • Like 1

@veatch All I can say about the chambering is that this guitar is truly alive. Cover everything in this gig, it was the first full gig with #70. Semi Clean, Clean, Gained Up, didn't matter, full string to string separation. Starting to wonder why I have these over chunks of wood around. 

• Like 1

On 2/4/2018 at 10:56 AM, bubs_42 said:

If you go back to the Semi-Hollow Thread, you can see that Mike has carved the top inside as well as outside and routed the the body across the top and slightly around and down the behind the bridge. I'm guessing its is similar to later model artist. I had no feedback issues what so ever, I just stepped back toward the amp when I wanted to hold the note for infinity into controlled feedback. 

All I am going to say is that I am looking forward to my own chamber(ed) music. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

@veatch All I can say about the chambering is that this guitar is truly alive. Cover everything in this gig, it was the first full gig with #70. Semi Clean, Clean, Gained Up, didn't matter, full string to string separation. Starting to wonder why I have these over chunks of wood around. 

OK, now you have told everyone what to order from now on.  At least you will have the original that we all copy. 

• Like 1

Love the pickup choices!! They look very cool and I am certain they sound cool too.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

OK, now you have told everyone what to order from now on.  At least you will have the original that we all copy. 

Something about Spruce man, that is just incredible. This guitar has a bit more snap to it than a Newport, yet warmer than a Studio Custom. Oh and it doesn't feel like either of them, definitely its own beast. The neck carve is to die for. 

• Thanks 1