Hamer Fan Club Message Center

jazz burst newport

An interesting story - a few years ago I had a dream where I saw a jazzburst Newport accompanied by a very strong feeling that it was going to be "the" guitar I should find for jazz.  I kept looking for Newports for a couple years in all color schemes. I found a jazzburst in St Louis on Craigslist and made a deal with the guy to meet and pay him $1000 for it but he backed out and never returned my calls.  A buddy of mine was willing to sell me his natural colored one but it just wasn't the right one for me. About two years later I finally found this one and loved it. It was amazingly prophetic.

If you say: „I saw a jazzburst Newport accompanied by a very strong feeling that it was going to be "the" guitar I should find for jazz.“

Does that mean, I'd have to search for a bluesburst, rockburst,  punkburst and perhaps sth. like an inbetweenburst, too?

Did they even make those, back then? :ph34r:

• 1 month later...

It's priced about right.  Since the seller is open to offers, go ahead and ask if they'll accept a different offer.  You never know the seller's situation.  

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm selling one too. So obviously I have an interest in propping up prices.  But I will say that I've researched prices and don't think that Jazzburst is out of line.

1 hour ago, soli'd said:

Does anyone know what the GC guitar in the OP sold for last month?  I'm looking at a jazzburst newport pro on reverb, wondering what a fair offer may be.

https://reverb.com/item/10809566-hamer-usa-newport-pro-jazzburst

Want to assist Bubba: Price is right.

For a similar Model from 06 (in about 7,5/10 cond.) I paid about the same plus int'l  shipping within Europe.

Think, what you would have to pay for a comparable a Gibson CS 336...

Breaking news: Message from Reverb: An offer was made while I am typing this!

1 minute ago, donner said:

Breaking news: Message from Reverb: An offer was made while I am typing this!

Quick! Stop typing!

1 minute ago, Sugartune said:

Quick! Stop typing!

Still busy typing – I have my dose of Newports safely in the stable ;-)

Newports.jpg

4 hours ago, donner said:

I have my dose of Newports safely in the stable

Ask Belgian. He’s got an overdose of them.

14 minutes ago, gorch said:

Ask Belgian. He’s got an overdose of them.

The dose makes the poison.

Too many Newports may not be the baddest sort of an overdose ;-)

Archived