Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Dantzig Guitars Tulsa P90 Review

gorch

Somehow I'm in Jol's newsletter list. So, after years of no events, this reached my inbox today.

It's a Tulsa review by Lance Keltner.

13 minutes ago, gtrdaddy said:

That sounds like TITS! 😮 

Yep......Fat, well-rounded and firmly packed.

On 2/7/2018 at 1:18 AM, Kurt L said:

I used to see Lance Keltner play around town a lot. As the saying goes... that cat can play!

Nice to see Jol is still building killer guitars.

Lance seems to be a shill / hype man for higher end guitars, amps and pedals more than anything else these days.  Great player, but seems to be more of a sales guy now.

To your second point, it's nice to see SOMEBODY is building killer guitars...

4 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Lance seems to be a shill / hype man for higher end guitars, amps and pedals more than anything else these days.  Great player, but seems to be more of a sales guy now.

Lance.PNG

Oh please, I can get the same tone from my Mexican Telecaster...  Jol definitely took the Talladega to the next level.  I really like looks of the Milano but in this life I'll have to settle with my Monaco.

It does sound pretty nice but.......................it would not be a guitar I'd consider buying...............money aside and I'm sure a lot of work went into it. If I was looking for something like that I'd buy a Hamer Talladega which I also think looks a whole lot better.

13 hours ago, Sam said:

Is it public knowledge who's building the stuff? 

Edited your post slightly.  ;)  I think there's an intentional veil of secrecy around it all.

Although some made their experiencs with him, I still enjoy the Crow building blog. What a fantastic guitar!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2018 at 8:45 AM, prototype-fan said:

Speak for yourself.... :P

Ok I will.

it just goes to show that I don’t have to spend $30k to sound good.

$20k just might.

😁😁😁

On 10.2.2018 at 1:22 PM, coolfeel said:

These are very nice guitars, the build quality is insane. Still very much enjoy mine! 

FB_IMG_1518265139138.jpg

Wonderful! I always love to see this one.

• 4 months later...

I have never seen or heard LK before, but when I played the video I was only listening at first. I thought it was Joe Walsh's voice, but sounded like Joe decades ago. I then started watching the video. The Guitar looks good and sounds good. As mentioned above the Amp, PUs, and Fractal are also working well with the Tulsa for the great Tones LK is creating. And, It is a lot of money for sure.

Lance Keltner is the more talented version of Matte Henderson.

Archived